• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Graphics card not detected in Photoshop 22.3.1 on Windows 10

Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I update Photoshop CC2021 to vers 22.3.1 on 4-14-2021. Now photoshop does not recognizes the graphic accelerator.

I have a Nvidia Gforce GTX 1050Ti Graphic card never had any problems before when updating. I had to revert back to vers. 22.3 to make it work again.

{Moderator Note: Edited the thread title, PS-64828}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Hi,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 22.4 in which we have included some bug fixes related to the "GPU not getting detected" in Photoshop. Please update Photoshop to the 22.4 version and let us know your feedback. To update Photoshop to the latest version, you can check: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

For information on other issues fixed with this update, please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 355 Replies 355
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated and still not working for me. AMD Ryzen 7 4800U with Radeon Graphics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thankfully it worked for me and I'm back working with the lastest version, 22.4.  Thank you for so quickly getting an update/fix to the previous version.  I understood the technical explanation that was given to the previous update that included references to Open GL, and newer technologies, but hopefully there was something learned regarding the expectations from the customer base that updates should work, unless there is specific communication regarding the impacts, or potential impacts, and what course of action should be taken (reverting) should the update not work.

But, again, the good news is that the update works, for me.  And I'm able to re-enable my second graphics card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

^^ THIS ^^   As a customer who has been on the market for new hardware anyway it would have been fantastic to have a preview of the upcoming move to drop support for certain hardware as we could have prepared ahead of time.  It also would have saved users a lot of time trying to make that update work when it was known that it never would anyway.  

I almost always look to see what changes are involved with every update, and obviously these last two updates should have included more information than "general bug fixes" and such.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

solved here, nividia geforce mx110. And contrary to what many people think, the response time with this plate is satisfactory, about 2 seconds for example for oil painting. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Minha GPU ainda não é reconhecida desde o update 22.3. atualizei para 22.4 e ainda não é reconhecida

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@lucaso73413655 ,Did you restart your computer after installing the update? If so, what are your system specifications? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running version 22.4.2 on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

My GPU is still undetected although it shows up in Help/System Info: GPUName: NVIDIA GeForce GT 710.

I need to use the Rotate View tool for precise masking.

Please help. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The GT 710 is pretty end-of-life in terms of support. (I can't even find certified drivers on NVIDIA's site.)

Photoshop's GPU requirements have gone up some. See here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/directCompute.html

(The latter link shows the peformance of cards relative to each other. Adobe recommends GPUs with operations higher than 2,000/second. Yours is about 361.)  : /

What I hate about reporting this: It's going to be extremely hard finding a decently-priced, mid-range video card that runs under Photoshop well thanks to all the cryptomining and scalping going on. I was thinking about building another system soon but will have to put that on hold---or use the card I already have---until things calm down some.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I was thinking about building another system soon but will have to put that on hold---or use the card I already have---until things calm down some."

So true! I built a new system a couple of months ago but had to transfer my previous GPU (NVidia RTX2080ti) into it whilst I wait for an RTX3090 to become available, which looks like no time soon given that I'm not prepare to fund the scalpers. That in turn meant my older system has got a GTX1080 back in it. It still works though.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I especially hate about the situation is that both creatives and gamers (the market these cards were aimed at) are losing out. They're just going to run these cards to uselessness when cryptomining and throw them away since they won't be good for much of anything else. It's infuriating.

Businesses like Micro Center have been trying to combat it (by allowing sales of higher-end video cards in systems they build) but even they can't get a handle on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both of these replys are very helpful. I also need a new system . . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 22.4 update solved the issue for me. But it seems it didnt for many others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the 22.4 update fixed it for me, re-activated my 2nd graphic card 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here ! finally, with the 22.4 and it works !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

22.4 seems to have resolved my problem also. I've been using it for two
days now and check my performance regularly and it is still recognizing my
graphics card. Honestly, I was somewhat reluctant after having to revert
down from 22.3.1.. So far so good, thanks Adobe for resolving this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, this update does not resolve the problem on my iMac with 

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675M.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me - Nividia GeForce GTX1050 Ti with Max-Q design - all good with 22.4 again after several days useage

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

22.4 named my Garphics Card  GTX 1050 TI  but still could not find it.. Yesterday Windows 21H1  installed and on my laptop it  finally found my GPU.  So I can use my GPU on my laptop screen and Luminar AI works fine with it. However when I load CC2021 on my external Dell Monitor CC no longer finds my GPU?  What is different  on an external monitor that  the GPU sniffer cannot find it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop has a hard time configuring with multiple graphics cards at work.

Try going through the troubleshooting outlined here.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html#multiple-gpus 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which port is that Dell monitor plugged into? The motherboard video or the graphics card? Your system would act this way if you had your Dell plugged into your motherboard, which uses the Intel integrated GPU, which may have driver issues causing OpenCL and OpenGL to be unstable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark.

My Dell XPS 15  has minmimal connections so I have a Dell D3100  docking station with a single Thunderbolt connection to the laptop.

I have no idea where the Thunderbolt connection goes to,  other than it connects both with the laptop and the Monitor. I can use HDMI  or  Display  DVI  connector from the monitor to the D3100

Geoff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 22.4 was released yesterday, and it included a patch that has proven to fix some of the GPU detection issues that are reported here.

Unfortunately, there is nothing that can make older cards (> 8 years old) work with these later versions of Photoshop, and we are having to disable GPUs due to their instability in current operating systems, or due to their slow operation. Most apps don't utilize the GPU the way Photoshop does, so it wouldn't surprise me to hear that for some customers, no other apps seem to have problems with old cards. 

If your card is that old, then it may be time to upgrade to meet Photoshop's minimum system requirements: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

Specifically, @martins1508025 , Direct X 12 support: https://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-675M.70785.0.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 Max Q is finally showing again after the 22.4 update.

To all the engineers that were probably ripping their hair out to fix this: we appreciate you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, are you suggesting I now purchase a new and rather expensive Mac to overcome this issue, when all that is causing problems is the fact that the recent version does not recognise my card. Other applications seem to work fine. I appreciate that time moves on and no product lasts for ever, but this means that I will not be able to avail myself of any future updates to PSCC unless I replace a perfectly good iMac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe are updating the core graphics functions in Photoshop. This is driven by the operating systems of Apple and Microsoft in which the old Open GL functions are being removed in the case of Apple, or deprecated in the case of Microsoft. This means that the graphics functions that have worked for years must be rewritten to use Metal and Direct X. At the same time, Adobe are sensibly updating those core functions to deliver the additional speed we require to handle the very large files of today.

As Mark explains above unfortunately, the move to update the core graphics functions will mean that some older GPUs will no longer be suitable. If you are using 22.4 and your GPU is still not recognised (and you only have a single GPU enabled – conflicting GPUs remain an issue) then you could try and force Photoshop to use your older GPU by creating a file PSUserConfig.txt containing the lines:
# Force GPU On
GPUForce 1
Save that text file to :
Windows: [InstallationDrive]:\Users \ [UserName]\ AppData\ Roaming\ Adobe\ [Photoshop_version]\[Photoshop_version]Settings\
macOS: //Users/[UserName]/Library/Preferences/[Photoshop_version]Settings/
Note though that this is requires 22.4 and is not officially supported by Adobe, so may cause other issues – so you do it at your own risk.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines