• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Graphics card not detected in Photoshop 22.3.1 on Windows 10

Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I update Photoshop CC2021 to vers 22.3.1 on 4-14-2021. Now photoshop does not recognizes the graphic accelerator.

I have a Nvidia Gforce GTX 1050Ti Graphic card never had any problems before when updating. I had to revert back to vers. 22.3 to make it work again.

{Moderator Note: Edited the thread title, PS-64828}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Hi,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 22.4 in which we have included some bug fixes related to the "GPU not getting detected" in Photoshop. Please update Photoshop to the 22.4 version and let us know your feedback. To update Photoshop to the latest version, you can check: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

For information on other issues fixed with this update, please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 355 Replies 355
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to revert back to photoshop 22.3 because as soon as I updated it to 22.3.1 the program slowed down and kept crashing. also disabled options for external gpu. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Would you mind telling us which graphics card are you using? Please ensure you have all available Windows updates installed on the computer.

You can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

For the issues related to the graphics card, please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an external RTX 2070 super connected through the Alienware Graphics Amplifier for Alienware  r4 15.  the Dedicated GPU is a GTX 1070 (also disabled). Drivers are updated everyday. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a joke right, I guess you don't read the reviews. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, had to revert back to 22.3. Windows and Video Card drivers updated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS 22.3.1 disables GPU - "unknown GPU" error win10 pro rtx2070 - installing and uninstalling 22.3.0 / 22.3.1 multiple times on same WS consistent behavior. Seems like GPU sniffer not working in 22.3.1 - GPU found in 22.3.0 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Please ensure you have all available Windows updates installed on the computer.

For the issues related to the graphics card, please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti driver to the latest version released on 14/04/2021 and Photoshop is now able to detect the GPU. Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, had to go back to 22.3 to recognize GPU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A solução foi voltar à versão anterior (22.3) e voltou a funcionar normalmente.

The solution was to reinstall the previous version (22.3) and it returned to work normally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Please ensure you have all available Windows updates installed on the computer.

If the issue persists, you can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so I have been trying to create things for my sims 4 game using Photoshop 2021 and I have the Dell intel core 7th gen with the Intel HD Graphics 620 GPU. photoshop frozed completely yesterday and in the preference section, it has the GPU processor greyed out because it doesn't know what my GPU is. I disabled my GPU in the device manager and nothing changed so I enabled it again. my graphics card is up to date and so is Windows. I really don't know what to do and it's frustrating. It also says it detected an error in my display driver, and in the 3D section in preferences, it says my display driver caused photoshop to crash and it needs to be updated or reinstalled. 

any help? 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If the issue persists, you can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is clearly a bug in 22.3.1 - only solution is to revert to 22.3 ! This has been tested to death by me and others. This has nothing to do with windows updates or NVIDA drivers. Psl forward to dev team and fix asap. - TIA 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you update to Photoshop 22.3.1? If so go back to update22.3. Update has a bug it will not recognize your GPU accelerator. A lot of people seem to have this problem when updated to 22.3.1

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a bug in 22.3 that prevented newer, high-end cards from working. The fix for that came in 22.3.1 - and that fix apparently broke GPU support for older and marginal cards, like the GeForce 1000 series and similar.

Either way, integrated Intel adapters don't meet the requiremnts and may not/will not work.

To those with older cards that don't work in 22.3.1, wait for the next update. This could be a new bug. It could also be planned end of support. The next update will probably give the answer.

In the meantime, use whatever Photoshop version that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes. 22.x introduced huge issues with GPU support that hasnt been fixed yet. Disabling intel UHD is only a partial solution, Everything worked more or less fine with 18, 19, 20 and 21 - also, a RTX 2070 is hardly a old marginal card by any stretch. This is clearly a new bug. Installing and reinstalling 22.3.0 vs 22.3.1 several time on same system yield consistent results. Out testing suggest s problem with gpu sniffer but we're not sure. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Windows 10 and Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 card. I have read the troubleshooting page and it didn't help. I updated to the newest drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not update to the new update 22.3.1, I have a 1050Ti and ran in the same problem, go back to 22.3 vers and all will be fine. Bug in 22.3.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I apologize as I can see this issue has been addressed in other threads but I cannot solve this issue with my graphics card(s). Photoshop has been acting kind of buggy for a while to be honest, but after letting my computer restart for updates I noticed Photoshop has greyed out my graphics card. I’m not sure if that was the problem, but the timing is suspect. My makeshift solution is to just disable and re enable my graphics card in the device manager and that usually solves the problem when Photoshop greys out the GPU. Unfortunately, that approach did not work last night. My graphics cards are Intel(R) HD Graphics 520 and NVIDIA Geforce GPU (the NVIDIA is the main card Photoshop uses). The only updates I’ve given the graphic cards are the automatic updates and I have never manually updated a driver from website.

Full disclosure, while I’m very good and knowledgeable at navigating computers and using the adobe programs, I’m much less savvy with the more complicated nuts and bolts with computers. If it gets too complicated, out of fear I will exhaust the “simpler” troubleshooting solutions and I have an outright resistance against “deeper” troubleshooting out of fear of accidentally screwing up my computer. However, I have to get this solved. I only say this, because I may be ignorant to some of the questions and solutions you may pose to me. That being said, any help is appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Would you mind telling us which version of Photoshop are you using? Please ensure you have all available Windows updates installed on the computer.

You can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nikunj.m, my "check for updates" notes that I am up to date regarding Windows and my current version of Photoshop is the (2021) 22.3.1 release

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info! Please try the steps suggested in the link shared earlier.

Also, it would be helpful if you could go to the Help menu in Photoshop, then System Info & share the info with us here. You can just copy & paste the entire text here.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I've tried all of the troubleshooting in the link well before I ever posted anything, but it seems the problem as everybody says is the newest version of Photoshop, so I downgraded to the last version and the problem went away

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi it’s a bug in the 22.3.1 update, go back to vers 22.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines