• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Graphics card not detected in Photoshop 22.3.1 on Windows 10

Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I update Photoshop CC2021 to vers 22.3.1 on 4-14-2021. Now photoshop does not recognizes the graphic accelerator.

I have a Nvidia Gforce GTX 1050Ti Graphic card never had any problems before when updating. I had to revert back to vers. 22.3 to make it work again.

{Moderator Note: Edited the thread title, PS-64828}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Hi,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 22.4 in which we have included some bug fixes related to the "GPU not getting detected" in Photoshop. Please update Photoshop to the 22.4 version and let us know your feedback. To update Photoshop to the latest version, you can check: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

For information on other issues fixed with this update, please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 355 Replies 355
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're no alone. In the last hours several users have posted here about the same issue.

In the bug forum is a related post. I would recommend that you follow this post.

PS can't detect GPU | Adobe Photoshop Family

This here is a user-to-user forum and Adobe employees are rarely reading here. The bug forum is the appropriate forum to post bugs in Adobe's application. 

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Axel - much appreciated. As you might have guessed I am not particularly IT literate - i just want to use them (bit like driving a car). So, apart from giving you an update after following your link post, why do these things happen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...why do these things happen?

It seems that's a bug in the latest update. 

I don't be a programmer and not an Adobe employee, I'm a normal user as you are. So I can't say why this things happen. But, software development is a complex theme and a program must run on very much different configurations. So a program can't test on all possible configurations that in use by users all over the world.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again Axel for you taking time to reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should have added that since reverting back to 22.3, alls well again. Will wait for a new, new update ie 22.3.2 etc 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all,  after a month of going round in circles,  I have now rolled back CC 2021 to 22.3  and   installed the studio version of my driver. Now my GPU is  finally being  recognised again. I will wait until P S fixes the bug before I update again.
Can you set updates to be either manual or automatic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My joy was short lived, this morning when I logged on Photoshop had lost the driver again.  I have 22.3  and the studio driver.

What has gone wrong again!

Geoff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here running on RTX 2060, Windows 10 20H2 fully updated and newer Game Ready drivers (466.11). What I have found:

22.3.0 - The GPU appears, but is limited to Basic on the dropdown menu.

22.2.0 - The GPU appears and all functionality is there (Basic, Enhanced and Advanced)

It makes me think if they aren't working on something under the hood.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting that you had issues with 22.3. I only got the issues with 22.3.1. With this (see above) I was unable to even get to basic! Makes me really wonder what IT do at times. I'm not IT literate and use computers like I use a car - for its functionality with no interest too much on how it works. Cant help but think IT (generality here) do not think things through as much as other professions often with the claim (reasonable or not I dont know) that software is so complex. Can you image the medical profession using the same excuses every time they did something !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rolling back to previous version is the only solution. See Below:

leonardof66267137_2-1618582512497.png

leonardof66267137_1-1618582467042.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tenho o mesmo problema aqui, já faz uns 6 meses. Me parece que a Adobe não tem interesse em resolver isso, visto que já ocorreram várias atualizações e o problema continua. Tenho uma Nvidea GeForce RTX2060 intel core i73.00GHz 16RAM. O software é caro e a Adobe tem a obrigação de resolver. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Completely agree... but then as a not IT person, I have to ask the question, why let it happen in the first place!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which operating system do you use?

Do you have checked your graphoic driver if there's a new version available?

Try to do a clean reinstallation.

It seems that it isn't a real bug in PhotoShop, rather a compatibility issue with some drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Minha placa gráfica está atualizada na versão mais recente. Consegui resolver por enquanto, revertendo o photoshop para a versão 22.2. photoshop é o único software q dá problema com minha placa. o Illustrator e demais ferramentas rodam sem problemas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Axel

FYI Win 10 Home; have latest graphic drivers. 22.3 works perfectly everytime. Did a clean uninstall ie uninstall, reboot, installed 22.3.1, reboot, ran PS. Found Graphics processor. Closed PS then reopened. Couldnt find the Graphics processor. Uninstalled and reverted to 22.3. Works perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here with a pro setup: Quadro P2000, i7-8850H and 16M DDR4 2666.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eu consegui resolver revertendo o Photoshop para a versão 22.2. Enquanto a adobe não resolve... meu sistema é Windows10 Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here!

Photoshop 22.3.1 and NVIDIA Studio Drivers 462.31.

marcelock_0-1618940018410.png 2021-04-19 (1).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep! Out of curiosity, are you OK with 22.3? I am.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked on the first run, but I haven't restarted the PC yet to see if the problem has been "resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@martinl23268315 just checked and it's working fine after I've turned the PC off last night.

Photoshop 22.3.0 same driver version, Studio Drivers 462.31.

2021-04-21 (2).png2021-04-21 (1).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've install the update to Photoshop version 22.3.1 on yesterday evening and install the latest NVidia graphic card driver (Studio version). Since the installation I've reboot the PC several times. Photoshop recognise the graphic card and the GPU is enabled.

Screenshot 2021-04-20 195557.pngScreenshot 2021-04-20 195726.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird but delighted for you that you are OK. As you, also use the studio version for graphics processor. Nvidia advise me that I have installed the latest driver for GeForce GTX 1050 Ti withMax-Q design (462.31).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never heard and see about Max-Q-Design.

I have download the latest driver version (type: Studio version) for the GTX 1050 Ti directlty from NVidia's website (https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx ) ...

2021-04-21 09_00_34-Download Drivers _ NVIDIA.png

... and installed only the card driver and the NVidia system control. I've unchecked the HD Audio driver and Geforce Experience in the installation program. I don't know if this makes any difference. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines