• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Program error while opening or creating new document after Photoshop 22.1 update [2020]

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since yesterday's update, can´t even open a jpg file. Always says: Could not complete your request because of a program error. I need to work.

{Moderator Note: Edited the thread title, PS-52603}

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Hi all,

05/20 update: We have resolved another program error issue while dragging assets from libraries to the artboard in Photoshop 22.4.1 update. Could you please update Photoshop to the 22.4.1 version via the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop app and let us know your feedback.

Here's how you update Photoshop to its latest version: Update Creative Cloud apps

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 1058 Replies 1058
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this didn't work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did NOT work for me.

If adobe expects me to get a new GPU, they can pay for it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS saved me tonite!!!! Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me too! THANKS SO MUCH!! ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!  THIS WORKED FOR ME!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very happy it did! Best wishes, Steve--

[Removed phone number. -MOD]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This fixed my issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me too!!! can't believe such a big company, such an expensive program, and a user had to post a work-around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can get to every other preference but Performance says program error. 

Ocsunshine_0-1615663794953.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. This worked for me as well. I'm on version 23.0.1, so I guess the graphics card issue is still a problem for some PC's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to revert to an older version, but there is only version available, from a few days ago... and this one had started causing problems for me last week. I've had to reboot my computer after using PS for 15-25 minutes all day last week. Now I can't even crop a jpg.  Do I have to buy a new computer so that I don't lose accounts??? Or will this be fixed, like, today?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I re-installed the old version.  While it let me open my files, none of my actions worked anymore so there wasn't a ton to be done in there until this all gets fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

REVERT? Are you serious? You guys only allow v20 and v21 (though a few months ago I could have rolled back to CS6). 

I'm sure you're all buried by the bugs now, but y'know what you could roll out THIS AFTERNOON? The ability to install v19, v18, v17 etc.

Y'know what else you could do? Give us a rebate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yep worked for me. it did say that it will suspend the auto-update feature, but i'm able to open my work now which is fine by me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo.

I have the same error now on April 06 with my Photoshop.

I can open all the files but then I cannot do nothing. I have always Programm Error.

If someone can help me I will be very grateful.

Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sympa, this message starts to show yesterday. Current 25 version. 
tried to back to older versions and did clean installs. 

Please, do a bug correction fast. Photoshop and illustrator are impossible to work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haga clic en Editar - Preferencias - Rendimiento y desactive "Usar procesador de gráficos".

¡El problema debería estar resuelto!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turning off GPU is not a fix, it's a workaround.

Secondly, this workaround does NOT work for many users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I would first try to recreate your preferences, in case an incompatible one has been transfered from Ps 2020: reset Photoshop's preferences by holding down Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Pc) Cmd+Opt+Shift (Mac) as you click on Photoshop's icon to start it up.

See: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

If you do have access to the menu Edit>Preferences (Pc) or Photoshop>Preferences (Mac), it is possible to reset them from the General submenu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it is not a problem related to preferences, my photoshop opens correctly but displays a generic error when trying to open any file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did it, not worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not working at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I am an engineer with Adobe. Please know we are looking at this issue closely. Unfortunately, there are a few different root causes and we are still identifying them individually. 

We are working on a patch but the above steps should help to get you working again in the meantime. 

Thanks, Sympa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're looking at this closely? From Oct 24? Still no attempt at patch / fix, 2 weeks later.

What's the ETA?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can open the program but then can not open any jpg files. Haven't tried a pdf. 

But this is unacceptable!! Please fix asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines