Highlighted

Package option greyed out?

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to make a package file for my text, but the option is greyed out.  I can't find anywhere that has the fix for this problem, I saved the file but it won't let me package it after that.  All of the text is in the original text format, none of it is rasterized.

Capture.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Package option greyed out?

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to make a package file for my text, but the option is greyed out.  I can't find anywhere that has the fix for this problem, I saved the file but it won't let me package it after that.  All of the text is in the original text format, none of it is rasterized.

Capture.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you save the document and does it have link objects the can be packaged?

Note: You must save a file before packaging the Linked Smart Objects that it contains.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having the same issue. I have no linked smart objects. Everything was either opened directly or embedded. Still 'package' is greyed or is it grayed out.pkg.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like there nothing to package. Save the file as is.

What is your intention with packaging?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To capture the fonts that are used in the graphic. Just like you can do in Illustrator.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this exact situation. I am profoundly saddened to see the thread ends at exactly the question I need resolved.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
jane04k1 LATEST
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may or may not help, but I had the same problem and realized you cannot have any unsaved changes. It's not enough just to have saved the file at some point; all changes must be saved (and therefore no asterisk up in the filename in the tab). That did the trick for me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines