• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Page 228 of the Adobe Photoshop Classroom in a Book Series

Participant ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Chapter 9 page 229 of the 2020 photoshop Classrooom book and when I try to drag the monster onto the backdrop it disappears off behind the backdrop instead of being deposited on top of it. I'll probably have to start the exercise from the beginning as a mistake must have been made early on and now it can't be corrected this late in the game. Just a heads up to those starting out, you may not get the projects in the book correctly first time around as you may not be comforatble with the navigation tools or placing your layers/windows correctly. Unless I post a detailed video of my steps i don't think anyone here can tell me where I went off the beaten path and now can't complete the exercise in it's entirety.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Can you move the placed object to the top in the Layers Panel? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ChrisCrystalize 

When you drag the monster over, it will go directly above the selected layer. You have three choices:

• Select the top layer first so the new layer goes to the top
  • Go to the Select menu > Deselect Layers so the new layer goes to the top
  • See pages 82-83 on "Rearranging Layers", then drag the monster layer to the top of the stack in the Layers panel

The Layers panel is in the Window menu if you don't see it.

@ChrisCrystalize wrote:

i don't think anyone here can tell me where I went off the beaten path and now can't complete the exercise in it's entirety.

There are several instructors on the forum who know these exercises quite well, and the author of the book is also here. So ask away!!

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you purchase the Classroom book, you also get a web version. There are short videos you can watch that may help you. Login into Adobe Press Account. Look for Adobe Photoshop Book (2020). Refer to snapshot.PSForum.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines