• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Painfully slow auto-blend in Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just started the 7 day trial and have an issue with the feature that I'm mainly interested in.

Auto-blend takes a painfully slow time to process. The result is great but I just can't wait 30+ minutes for a single picture.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong:

First I go to Files-> scripts ->load into stack. Then I select all layers, go to Edit->auto blend layers. I select stack images and check seamless tones and colors but not content aware fill empty areas and start. 

I stack about 10 images that are about 2mb big. Nothing too crazy.

I tried some basic performance tweaking in the menu but I see no difference.

Any help? Or maybe 30+ minutes is working as intended?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is too much time for that task. What are image dimensions and how much RAM you have for Photoshop plus do you run any other application in the background. I can not say that blending is super fast, in contrary, I am not satisfied with speed in latest and greatest Photoshop but what you are describing is waaaay tooooo much and not acceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response.

2848x4272.

I have 8gb Ram and use EOS utility for live view photo shooting and chrome in the background. 

It's not the best setup but I feel like the blend task shouldn't be too hard either, in comparison a free blending program never took longer than 5 minutes total. The problem here was that the result was too inconsistant.

What time would be normal? 5 minutes? 15?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is too much time for that task. What are image dimensions and how much RAM you have for Photoshop plus do you run any other application in the background. I can not say that blending is super fast, in contrary, I am not satisfied with speed in latest and greatest Photoshop but what you are describing is waaaay tooooo much and not acceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

8 GB RAM is very little these days. I often demontrate this on a 16 GB RAM MacBook Pro, using six images of about the same size. I never timed it exactly, but I estimate it takes about one minute on that computer.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I just upgraded to 16gb Ram and the time is the same.

I also found a specific stacking software that does the job in under one minute with pleasing results. So I'm not sure what's going wrong with Photoshop.

Anyway, issue solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi. Glad you found a way to accelerate. What specific software for stacking did you get?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines