Highlighted

Paint bucket tool not working

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with a multi-layer image in photoshop and my paint bucket tool has stopped working. My cursor icon is a circle with a slash when paint bucket is selected. I have tried resetting the tool, II have done the most recent update... Any thoughts?

Have you tried switching your workspace from '3D' to 'Essentials (Default)'

Window > Workspace > Essentials (Default)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Paint bucket tool not working

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with a multi-layer image in photoshop and my paint bucket tool has stopped working. My cursor icon is a circle with a slash when paint bucket is selected. I have tried resetting the tool, II have done the most recent update... Any thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 09, 2017 4
LEGEND ,
Apr 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure a layer is selected in the layers panel

Make sure the selection is large enough to use or is cleared for the entire document.

Take a look at the top tool bar and verify the settings are not affecting it, pay attention to blend mode and opacity.

Look at blend mode and opacity in the layers panel as well.

If all else fails, capture your entire screen with any collapsed layers expanded then share it here in the forum.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 09, 2017 1
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2017 1
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you !!!

I corrected as the following direction. it works

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2018 1
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Switch your workspace to photography.  I had the same problem!! 🙂 . Hope this helps.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 01, 2017 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The paint bucket reads "3D Material Drop Tool". This looks like you need to have a 3D object for using the Paint Bucket.

Regards,
Abambo
Hard- and Software Engineer and Photographer

I'm not an Adobe employee. All advice constitutes my own opinion. Use at your risk! 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2017 1
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this ptobrm..how to solve this..as i dint use 3d object

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 06, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks bud , helped me. what is your paypal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 09, 2019 0