• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Paint Like a Master

Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wouldn’t it be a great idea if Adobe created a brush collection based on a classic well-known masterpiece? Well, Adobe has done just that in collaborating with The Munch Museum on recreating digital versions of Edvard Munch’s brushes. Munch is the painter famous by his artwork ‘The Scream’. Thanks to the work of award winning Photoshop brush maker, Kyle T. Webster, you can paint like a master. Check it out in this article:

https://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/paint-like-a-master-edvard-munch/

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing this Janet.  It had slipped off the first page without a response, which is a pity because people are going to miss it.

It's a wee pain loading .tpl file, and if you are not familiar with loading tool presets, make sure you find and watch the English language video and not the German.  As to how useful the presets are, there are already lots of similar brushes already available, but it is definitely interesting to think of the history of these brushes, and I am not sure if they are working, but people have definitely been screaming when they look at my art work

[EDIT]  If anyone finds this thread dropped of the first page again, they might like to bump it for a few days at least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Trevor. Where do I find the english language video? I know I have seen it once, and can not find my way back to it.

It was very helpful and I hope to pass it on to others.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was yesterday's blog topic and takes a behind the scene look at how this brush collection was created. It also includes a great tutorial on what the power of the Photoshop mixer brush:

How do you create a digital brush to paint with in Photoshop? As a follow-up on our previous topic, here is the in-depth behind-the-scenes look at how to do it. Here’s Kyle T. Webster’s process of recreating the digital versions of seven of Edvard Munch’s original brushes. It’s taken out of the archives of the Munch museum. https://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/behind-the-scenes-kyle-t-webster-on-how-he-digitally-recreated... . Adobe calls this collaboration The Hidden Treasures of Creativity. The set of Munch brushes are a free download. There are 4 tutorial videos which are available on how to use the brushes, and create a self-portrait. These are based on Edvard Munch’s painting ‘The Scream’. In the first tutorial, Kyle does a spot-on demonstration of the Mixer Brush and you can observe how the brush mixes colors on the canvas. Learn how to pick up multiple colors as well as enjoy other options such as adjusting the flow of paint and many other helpful methods. It’s a great 7:39 minute introduction to the  Munch brushes and the power of the mixer brush. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kz0BDAtBHvo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2019 Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, 

I uploaded the MUNCH's brushs, but there are only 4 of them (and not the 3 mixer brushes). 

(I am in France). 

Do somebody know what happened and coul help me ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines