Highlighted

Painting in Photoshop

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While in painting we have to use brushs a lot. How can i go back from my current selected brush to previous selected brush instead of finding the brush again in brush panel. Is that feature avaible?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Painting in Photoshop

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While in painting we have to use brushs a lot. How can i go back from my current selected brush to previous selected brush instead of finding the brush again in brush panel. Is that feature avaible?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 25, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One way is to was cycle through brush presets with function key via Photoshop scripting. I'm not a painter so I do not do that but a did write some scripts to aide users to do that.  However, I wrote the scripts quite some time ago and Adobe has made many changes  in Photoshop dealing with brushes.  So I have no idea if the scripts will still work. 

• Cycle Tool Presets Package Added Sept. 6, 2017, Added Special Case for Current tool Dec 15, 2018
    Contains
    • CycleTool.jsx - Tool Presets cycling function need to be included in your Tool Presets script
    • CycleCurrentToolPresets.jsx - Special case Current tool currently loaded preset no.tpl file used.
      Include four Tool Presets cycling scripts for four free tools Presets sets I downloads from the web
    • CycleBrushes.jsx - Cycle presets in tool preset set the_sketch_arsenal_by_thatld.tpl
    • the_sketch_arsenal_by_thatld.tpl - need to be in the scripts folder
    • CycleMixerBrushes.jsx - Cycle presets in tool preset set Yngvar_BasicMixerBrushes.tpl
    • Yngvar_BasicMixerBrushes.tpl - need to be in the scripts folder
    • CyclePencilBrushes.jsx- Clocker presets in tool preset set CS1_Pencil_Presets.tpl
    • CS1_Pencil_Presets.tpl - need to be in the scripts folder
    • CycleWaterBrushes.jsx- Cycle presets in tool preset set alenah_watercolor511(set_of_3_brushes).tpl
    • alenah_watercolor511(set_of_3_brushes).tpl - need to be in the scripts folder
    • CycleToolsPresets.html- This brief write up
    • CycleBrushes.gif - Animated Gif use in the above html file
    Download
JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2020 1
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANKS THAT WAS EXTREMELY HELPFUL.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 02, 2020 0