Panasonic s5 RW2 pictures can not be opened by Photoshop

Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I just wanted to ask if anyone can tell me when I can open and edit the RW2 Pictures taken with my new panasonic s5 in camera raw and Photoshop.

There is an update for the Sony a7 siii but why not one for the S5 ?

Is there any fast workaround for this Problem? Like can I convert my RW2 to Raw thats usable by Adobe? I have an important shooting next week and I dont want to take the pictures in JPG. So can anyone help me please? 🙂

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Conrad C | Adobe Community Professional

The pattern Adobe has established is that every few months, a Camera Raw update is released with support for the latest cameras. But they never say in advance when the next update is coming. There won’t be a specific update just for a specific camera like the S5, because Adobe bundles up the updates for many cameras and lenses that have come out recently, and puts out an update that includes all of them.

As for why there are updates for some recent cameras and not others, that usually means one of the cameras was on the wrong side of the cutoff date when Adobe chose to release the previous Camera Raw update. Or some cameras took longer to test and build profiles for.

TOPICS
Feature request, Import and export, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Panasonic s5 RW2 pictures can not be opened by Photoshop

Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I just wanted to ask if anyone can tell me when I can open and edit the RW2 Pictures taken with my new panasonic s5 in camera raw and Photoshop.

There is an update for the Sony a7 siii but why not one for the S5 ?

Is there any fast workaround for this Problem? Like can I convert my RW2 to Raw thats usable by Adobe? I have an important shooting next week and I dont want to take the pictures in JPG. So can anyone help me please? 🙂

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Conrad C | Adobe Community Professional

The pattern Adobe has established is that every few months, a Camera Raw update is released with support for the latest cameras. But they never say in advance when the next update is coming. There won’t be a specific update just for a specific camera like the S5, because Adobe bundles up the updates for many cameras and lenses that have come out recently, and puts out an update that includes all of them.

As for why there are updates for some recent cameras and not others, that usually means one of the cameras was on the wrong side of the cutoff date when Adobe chose to release the previous Camera Raw update. Or some cameras took longer to test and build profiles for.

TOPICS
Feature request, Import and export, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 07, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 1
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh man thats so sad. But still thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's sad as far as instant gratification goes, but it’s important to keep things in context: I just checked the raw support lists of Capture One, Luminar, OnOne, Affinity Photo, and Apple, and the Panasonic S5 is not on any of their lists.

Generally, Adobe is often one of the first to finish testing and release a raw update. In other words, if someone thought Adobe was slow about this and went off to find another application that has S5 support now, they might not find anything out there yet that does.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2020 0
Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can temporarily use a worksaround - transfer to DNG and edit in photoshop..  https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/photoshop/using/adobe-dng-converter.html#DownloadtheDNGConverter

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 24, 2020 0