• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Panorama Advice Regarding Geometry

Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I want a 3 photo panorama ,the center shot being at a 45 degree angle up from the horizon, how do I adjust the left and right shots in order to maintain as much of each shot as possible? Do I rotate the right 1 clock-wise and the left counter clockwise? Do I alter the 45 degree tilt of the center shot to get the left and right shots?

Seems I lose too much when I shoot them all the same, with only the pan able to move left to right. There's a geometry problem underlying this it seems.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What do you mean by "lose too much"? Can you post a screenshot to illustrate?

The final result will always be butterfly-shaped, with the two outer frames stretched outwards to the corners. This is an unavoidable side effect of keeping straight lines straight. The result is exactly the same as a single shot with a wider angle lens, you get corner stretching.

Or do you mean something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines