• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Paper Media won't switch from Pro Platinum

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, I saw this question asked in the Lightroom Classic CC forum but none in the PS forum - for the past few weeks my PS won't switch to a different paper media outside of Pro Platinum. I can select another, but it doesn't save and prints with Platinum as the setting for paper media. This has been a big issue for me as I do a lot of print making on matte paper and it's effecting the overall print. I am running MacOS Catalina on the latest update (10.15.1) - I've tried reinstalling my printer drivers, reinstalling PS, I don't really know what to do here. This problem also effects Lightroom Classic CC but I don't print from that program so it's of less concern.  

Thank you! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

So I installed the latest driver and it works now! It seems Canon has resolved the issue regarding the platinum issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paper choice is a function of the printer driver , not Photoshop. When you choose "Print Settings" you are opening the driver dialogue.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for clarification! As stated I've re-installed the print drivers for my printer (Canon Pixma Pro 1000) but that didn't seem to do anything. Is there an additional step I need to take? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing you can try , just in case there is any interaction between Photoshop and the driver. Hold down the spacebar whilst clicking on File >Print. That resets the Photoshop print dialogue.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately that didn't do anything 😕 

Another thing I've noticed though, is that normally if I select a fine art paper in the dialog box it will change the paper size to have a margin - it doesn't do that now. It's as if when I change the paper media the rest of the dialog is unaware. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible that there is a bug in the driver, but unfortunately I can't test here as I use Windows 10 and an Epson P5000 printer. Hopefully someone with a PIXMA Pro 1000 and the Catalina OS will come along and comment.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2019 Dec 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem with a Pixma Pro 100.  Canon just came out with two firmware updates for the Canon Pixma Pro-100 in December, including one that is supposed to support OS Catalina.  I started to update my printer only to find that my existing firmware is more "advanced" than the versions they put out even though my printer is probably a year old.  My firmware is version 2.001 and they just came out with version 1.3 as an update.  They say if this happens you don't need to update your firmware.  Seems very odd . . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I own a Pro-100 as well and I'm not seeing this new firmware update on their website - could you link where you've found it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2019 Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was messing around with this again today and decided to re-install the latest printer driver from Canon.  I did this even though my existing driver matched the version number on their website for the latest driver.  Oddly, the latest driver came out in Dec 2019, so I figured I should go for it not knowing if it was one of those drivers that updates automatically.  Anyway, it looks like that has fixed my problem - perhaps it will fix yours too.  My printer is Pixma Pro-100 and it's connected to a Mac running Catalina.  Hopes this helps someone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I installed the latest driver and it works now! It seems Canon has resolved the issue regarding the platinum issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines