• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Paste Into greyed out - Paste In Place no longer works

Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been using Photoshop for more than 20 years now. All of the sudden, these paste options, which I use regularly, no longer appear or do not work as expected. Please help!

Screen Shot 2020-09-24 at 7.42.23 AM.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heh... thanks for the reply. I do indeed feel your pain.

Scotch – good idea. Single or double malt? I'm gonna shut down this junk and take the rest of the day off.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both, I enjoy blends as well as single malt.
All the best,
Jim

I'm here from scotch.

--
Everything is secret.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. I was able to copy and paste a text layer onto another photo using the menu dropdown but when I tried to copy and paste a photo, it was grayed out. At this point whether it is 8 bits or 16 etc doesn't matter because I haven't even told it what photo to paste onto. What finally worked for me was opening the photo I wanted to copy then I hit Select >All to get the marching ants around it and then the "Copy" command was no longer grayed out and I was able to copy and paste the photo finally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works for me too. U save my life!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, @sallytan , could you state if you also cannot Ctrl+C, and tell us if the source image is also in 32 bits, if there is anything special. Can you copy and paste in the same image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to copy an image using Ctrl C and also Copy in the dropdown menu, but it not work for me, i.e. Paste Into greyed out. What worked for me is -  Select > All, then go to Edit > Copy. After that, the Paste Special > Paste Into is in black mode. Here is the photo i used. - https://www.freepik.com/free-photo/young-asian-backpacker-female-wearing-hat-traveling-historic-site... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep also has now happened to me? I feel like photoshop has just got worse and worse over time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you remember what was the last step before the copy?

There might be a step that triggers a change in behavior.

Quickmask? Object select tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just checking -- eveyone here did have the layer they want to paste into selected not just as the active layer, but marching-ants-selected...right? After not using PS for a while, and coming back for a project and trying to Paste Into a layer mask, I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't let me. After some searching around on the Web, I realized I forgotten that it was necessary to use area selection or Select All first on the target layer. (Or maybe that didn't use to be necessary?) Voila, it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Solved, go into the layers panel and unlock the layer. All OK after that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines