• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pasting image with automatic resizing to match existing image

Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating an action that would paste (or place) an "edge overlay" on a layer above the photo. I will not know in advance what size the photo is, however, the overlay is 3600 px x 3600 px x 300 dpi. I want the size of the overlay to match the photo even if the photo is not square. Is there a way to do this? 

I seem to remember being able to do this but I probably wasn't in the context.

Thanks in advance!!!

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you do not know the size  the image will be and image size can vary.  What you want to do can not be done in an action that just records Photoshop  Steps.  A Photoshop Script can be coded to do what you want to do. That script could be used in  an action. So with the help of a custom script an action can do what you want done.

If you are trying to automate populating a template with images the are many actions and scripts around to do that. However, the template needs to comply with some template design rules. For Actions and Script have dependencies. 

Free Mockup and Photo Collage Toolkit

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
forgot to thank you for the link ... looks very interesting, but not exactly what I'm looking for. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too many unknowns, posting download links to the overlay image and two or three different aspect ratio sample images would help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your replies ... I was afraid it was going to require some programing/scripting. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines