Highlighted

Pasting to web/programs desaturate colors dramatically

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When attempting to paste to web and miscellaneous programs (discord, email, etc) my colors become very noticeably desaturated. It's not an issue of saving and uploading. That works just fine and doesn't change the saturation at all. Rather just directly copying from the canvas to wherever. I never had this issue until I got this new computer. It's tedious to export every time and am hoping to find a solution to return to my old workflow.

*My Color Settings are correct and set to sRGB.

Thanks for your time.

Topics

Bug, Import and export, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Pasting to web/programs desaturate colors dramatically

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When attempting to paste to web and miscellaneous programs (discord, email, etc) my colors become very noticeably desaturated. It's not an issue of saving and uploading. That works just fine and doesn't change the saturation at all. Rather just directly copying from the canvas to wherever. I never had this issue until I got this new computer. It's tedious to export every time and am hoping to find a solution to return to my old workflow.

*My Color Settings are correct and set to sRGB.

Thanks for your time.

Topics

Bug, Import and export, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was going to suggest you check that you are copying from a file with a color profile of sRGB but it sounds like you are already doing that.

Are you using 8 bit files (Menu > Image > Mode)?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The working RGB (as set in Color Settings) is just a default for new files. An already embedded profile will override that. If these files are coming from Lightroom, they will be ProPhoto, not sRGB.

But this sounds like cameron5 is making screenshots:

"It's not an issue of saving and uploading. That works just fine and doesn't change the saturation at all. Rather just directly copying from the canvas to wherever."

RGB numbers lifted off the screen have already been converted to monitor RGB, they are no longer in the original color space. So to represent this correctly outside Photoshop you need two steps:

First you assign your monitor profile.

Then you convert to sRGB.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your suggestion. I tried it but unfortunately didn't work. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
D_Fosse LATEST
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to post screenshots. It's impossible to say anything without seeing it.

Exactly what is your procedure here? Please explain how you copy, how you paste, and most importantly where and in what application you paste it.

Do these files have an embedded profile at all? Remember, this is not dependent on your working space or color settings. You check the embedded profile here:

notification_2.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines