• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Patch for Photoshop 6

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the last Microsoft 10 update, I can no longer use my beloved Photoshop 6; is there a patch to fix this problem? I know.....update, but I'd rather continue using 6 for my simple personal pics.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 6 was released 20 years ago, so there are of course no patches for Windows 10.

Since it worked before on Windows 10, you can try to run it in compatibility mode.

Using the File Explorer, go to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop, locate the file Photoshop.exe, right click it and choose Properties. In the Compatibility tab, try setting the compatibility mode to Windows 7 or Windows XP, and click OK.

Then double click the .exe file to launch Photoshop. It might work, and it might not.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PS6 (not to be confused with CS6 ) is a relic.  Photoshop Elements 2020 is light weight, affordable (under $100), no subscription needed, a short learning curve and it's light years ahead of what you're using now.  Best of all it's compatible with modern operating systems.  Try before you buy!

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines