Copied

path selection tool and working properly after the update of 22.0.0 Release

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

path selection tool

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

path selection tool and working properly after the update of 22.0.0 Release

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What???

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2020 0
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can you provide more information, what exactly is not working about it, can you post a screenshot to highlight the issue

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2020 0
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is not working? What operating system are you using and on what hardware (Help > System info will answer this), what have you done so far in troubleshooting e.g. resetting the tool, resetting preferences?

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

same problem since i just update  Photoshop ... this morning

i opened a PSD with 5 black rectangles under a text layer, used as subtitles

when i select 2 points of a rectangle with the path selection tool, and move them to adapt the rectangle to the lenght of my text, the 2 others points, not selected, are moving too !!!

it's VERY annoying, i can't spend more than few seconds on a so simple operation like moving the points of a path, i have more important things to do

this tool had the same use for years : your select some point of a path, you move that points, the others, non selected, stay in place. Now, they move too ...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

either it's a big bug

either it's the new mood of Adobe team : changing the way tool works (for years), just for the pleasure to change something that worked perfectly, with a new way that gives absolutely NO benefits

like they did with the rotation tool.

Before, you made a free transformation, and then you could rotate the object from everywhere in your work area. It was easy, it was useful, ans it was precise

After : you make a free transformation, and then you can rotate the object ONLY if your mouse is near the object. If your mouse is too far away, when you clic it doesn't rotate anything, it just deselect you object and cancel your free transformation

OMG Adobe !!!

There are so many many many bugs in this application, why don't they try to correct them instead of spending precious time to destroy the way the original tools work ???

Not to mention the scaling of a free transformation that wasn't proportionnal, and then it was ... but not every time (corrected since)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 0