• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

pathfinder in option bar and in property window not the same

Contributor ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, It seems the pathfinder in option bar and in property window are not the same.

If I create a rectangle on my layer with pathfinder on new layer (the selected color is in the new shape) and then select subtract in option bar pathfinder, the fill color moved outside the shape !!!!. If then I select the "add" pathfinder in the property window the fill color moved back in the shape. BUT the pathfinder in option bar STAYS in subtract mode !!. 

It is as the property windows acts on curent path in layer and the option bar combines the path on layer and the new path added.

What I am doing wrong ?

Please help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Properties, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I apologize for the delay.

I got the new 22.3 release, It seems not responding in the same way !!!! Any way I have to roll back to 22.2 due to

the new pen tool bug making it unusable !!!!

here with a screen copy illustrating my question. Where are applyed, what is the difference beetwen the "Property window" Pathfinder and the option bar icon. 

I did not find the real difference of both, why is any change of  option bar button copied to property pathfinder and a change of property pathfinder has no effect on option bar.

Thanks for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»Any way I have to roll back to 22.2 due to

the new pen tool bug making it unusable«

Are you referring to the disconnected points? That can easily be worked around by maintaing a Work Path while working on named Paths. 

As for the issue in question I seem to be able to reproduce the issue. 

Screenshot 2021-03-14 at 15.16.08.png

But as it is »only« a false display and changes are accepted when made in either place it does not seem terribly important to me. 

You could post a Bug Report over on 

Photoshop Family

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your answer. 

For the "disconnected points" bug, Yes, it seems to work with a new layer connected to a working path. I hope this problem will be solved in comming days !

For the pathfinder problem, I loged on Feedback.

But this is not only a display problem if you use it with forms it could happen that the "fill color" is not applied to the form BUT  outside the form ????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines