Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pattern Fill Scripts box grayed out

May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to use the Pattern Fill Scripts in the 22.1 version. I select Edit >Fill and I pick a custom pattern and then CANNOT enable the scripts. It's just grayed out. I have Googled and Googled and cannot find a fix. Note ** I am using a regular layer, not adjustment or smart object. (Macbook - Big Sur)

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not ask for screenshots of the Panels but screenbshots including the Panels. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Terribly sorry, didn't realize. Here is a screenshot of the entire app window.  Thanks!Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 8.16.55 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the Scripts in the Folder? 

Screenshot 2021-05-20 at 14.35.07.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what folder you mean. In all the tutorials I found on making repeating randomized patterns, it just showed selecting a pattern and clicking the scripts box, and choosing the desired script from the drop-down which appears after the box is checked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a scripts folder in my presets folder.

Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 3.27.44 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There should be "Deco" folder. It is higher than "Guides" folder.

upd.

The "Scripts" folder should be there too. Very strange!
But it is not needed for this action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Deco :<

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to reset your preferences.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

If it does not help and there is an opportunity, then reinstall Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I am curious, will a reset change my interface preferences such as toolbar and palette preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save your workspace before reseting preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still trying to figure this out. In all the research I have done, I have not come across a single instance of the 'scripts' box being greyed out. I updated my PS to current, reset prefs, and searched for the Deco Scripts to no avail.

I found some scripts called Deco Scripts, https://exchange.adobe.com/creativecloud.details.103102.deco-tools-for-photoshop.html#, but they are not the right ones. But at least the box is not available. If I can find the right scripts, then I can add them to my new 'Deco' folder. I want to do the random pattern fill for a project and I stymied by this! Any additional help will be super appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If parts of the default installation are missing in the applications Folder (as seems to be the case here) it might be worth considering cleaning/re-installing. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate doing that, but in this case it will be worth it! I thank you very much for your kind assistance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why haven't you updated Photoshop to the latest version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had, but I but it didn't fix the issue. I I'm reinstalling now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yay! I am so happy, it worked! Now I can try this feature! Thanks, everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines