• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pattern Preview mode will work, but the preview is only visible in OpenGL enabled document windows.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting this error when I try to preview pattern in the latest version of Photoshop. How do I enable OpenGL?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same, pls await to update util everything is stabil...

how do we deal with this bug ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully this works for you - my wife had the same error you're getting (on Windows 10) and making the following change in the NVIDIA Control Panel - not Photoshop Preferences - successfully resolved it. Previews were working fine before today, so we suspect that perhaps the NVIDIA driver automatically updated and reset the settings.

I'm on macOS but don't have Photoshop nor an NVIDIA gpu so I cannot confirm it works for Mac, but hopefully the below solution is transferrable to the appropriate System Preferences panel or such.

1. Open Control Panel > NVIDIA Control Panel
  2. Select 3D Settings > Manage 3D Settings
  3. You can specify the settings for all programs or a single program. In this case, I've chosen photoshop.exe
  4. Switch the setting Enable Overlay to On
  5. Apply the changes and restart Photoshop.
  6. The preview pattern error should no longer appear and the previews should be visible.

Screenshot.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this error and you pointed me in the right direction. All fixed and whoooops of joy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have the option "enable overlay" - any ideas please? thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have the option of "enable overlay" either. I have the latest updated version of PS CC and pattern preview does not work. ???? 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, please post the contents of Photoshop's Help>System Info... menu, so that we get to know your OS, its version, the exact version of Photoshop you are running, the date of the GPU driver, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Have the same error. I tried your fix (appreciated) but it didn't work for me. Also my full screen mode (with toolbar & without) no longer works with this latest version (see bottom image)

example 1.jpgexample 2 how my screen looks.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I tried this and it worked for me. It has something to do with adobe disabling the 3d functions. Hey Adobe! FULL SCREEN MODE IS NOT A 3D FUNCTION. NETHER IS PATTREN PREVIEW!!!!!

• Use the Tech Preview option for overriding Photoshop’s native canvas mode to continue to use the 3D features, as a workaround. Go to Preferences > Technology Previews, and check the item Deactivate Native Canvas, then restart Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally!!! THIS actually worked on my desktop!!! Thank you so much. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This FINALLY worked for me too. So frustrating. Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Deactivate Native Canvas also returns to the OpenGL renderer instead of the DirectX/Direct3D one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way it will work for me? Not able to make it work until now. GPU is not compatible with photoshop but it says Opengl is available for me. I'm trying to work with patterns but without a view, it's not the same...

catinarezi_0-1680235363960.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2023 Jul 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked!! Thank you so much!!! 
I'm on an iMac running the latest version of photoshop. 
Went to Preferences>
Technology Previews
checked Deactivate Native Canvas and then restarted photoshop. Pattern preview is back. Thanks again!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2023 Jun 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this fix!  This just happened to me as well and I use pattern preview all the time, so it was frustrating when it happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2023 Jun 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this fix!! Pattern preview was working fine for me last week and then just suddenly stopped working but this fixed it 😁

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2023 Dec 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I got it to work... went to help... updates on the bottom and there was one which sai bug fixes.. Working now !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines