Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Patterns do not show in Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I like to make patterns in Adobe Capture and use them in Photoshop. But the new patterns I make in Capture are not showing in Photoshop.

Does anybody know why?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Henny,

That does not sound good. As patterns created in Adobe Capture are not shown in Photoshop, could you please let us know the version of Photoshop you're using? You can find that out by going to Help > System Info.

Also, make sure that you're using the most recent version of Photoshop which is 20.0.4 and the Creative Cloud desktop app is running on the computer.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have have Photoshop CC subsciption, so the latest version. And to be honest, I don't know what ou mean bij Creative Cloud desktop app. When I look for that in the windowshop I do not get a result.

I changed nothing on my computer. I was making patterns. 3 different series. The first one showed up, the second and third did not. I removed all my patterns in Photoshop, tried closing and opening Photoshop, but every new pattern I make in Capture… nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anybody who can help me with this???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Patterns I create appear in Photoshop Library panel instantaneously. Your issue may be more of a Capture problem though. Have you tried the Capture forum? Adobe Capture

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture saves patterns to a Library. By default everyone starts with one library called My Library. You can create more libraries though. Is it possible you saved the patterns to a different library than where you are looking inside of Photoshop?

You can view the contents of you libraries online at assets.adobe.com/libraries. Sign in to your account there to see your assets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for answering Theresa and Kenneth.

Theresa, I followed your link and my patterns are in My Library in the link. But I can not discover a way to get them into the library in Photoshop so I can use them. I will show you a screenpicture. It is in Dutch, but maybe you regognise it. It is about the part that says

Patronen, without pictures

Knipsel.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I succeed in getting my old patterns intot the Library in Photoshop, so I can use these. But I made some new patterns in Capture and they don't show up. Neither in Photoshop, neither in the library you gave the link. Any idears?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you see the patterns online at the link then the pattern successfully synced to your cloud. The problem is with Photoshop, not capture. Here are some things you can try.

Click on the cloud icon at the bottom of the library panel. What does this say? Mine says all libraries are up to date. I'm wondering if yours will give you an option to update the library. If this doesn't work try logging out of creative cloud on your computer, then log back in. Do this with Photoshop closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've seen that it takes some time. I just took a pattern in Capture, and saved it to My Library. Photoshop said all Libraries were up to date, but the new pattern was not there. Five minutes later, it was.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I saved a pattern, it gave me the option of what folder to save it in, but it showed up in the pattern folder instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines