• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Patterns missing

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed today while in Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 that the patterns I had created myself had disappeared from Pattern Overlay presets. I followed another thread to see if I could somehow import them back in. I went to:

/Users/User Name/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop 2020/Presets/Patterns/Your Patterns.pat 

My patterns were  nowhere to be found. Only the ones that come with Photoshop show in the folder.

I noticed there was an update available for Adobe Photoshop CC 2019. I updated hoping this might solve the problem, but the patterns I created were still not there. Wish I had saved them as a PSD file rather than discarding after Edit > Define Pattern. Any idea on how to get them back? 

[Moved from Community Help (which is about the forums) to a better forum... Mod]
[To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe you need to save the presets, just creating them doesn't save them for import into another version of PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for answering!

I guess I never realized that they had to be saved, because I had closed out Photoshop many times and they would still show under my Pattern Overlay menu. So the disappearance seemed random. What a bummer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just had the same thing happening. Never exported a Pattern in my entire CS4-life. Hours wasted. 

Seems like we're back to double-checking and doing stuff manually again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines