Highlighted

PC starts lagging more and more the longer I am working on a project

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So recently I got this problem where my whole PC extremely slows down to the point where I have to force a restart after a couple minutes of working on Photoshop, even when i close off photoshop my pc remains super laggy its almost impossible to do anything but restart. Restarting fixes the issue completely but when I open up Photoshop again the same issue starts after just a few minutes.

I tried reinstalling photoshop as well as adobe creative cloud, reinstalling gpu drivers,starting new projects from scratch and resetting the preferences. This happens on super low resolution projects too.
When I go to the Task manager my RAM, GPU and CPU usage are quite low, sometimes when this happens I see "system interrupts" popping up in the processes and eating up 40-50% of my cpu.

I can play any game just fine, other programs like Unity, and Davinci Resolve also work perfectly fine with no lag. The only time everything stars slowing down to unusable levels is when i start up photoshop, everything seems to be pointing towards a software issue but I don't know how to fix it. 

Pc:
CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X
GPU: MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
cpu cooler: NZXT Kraken X62
RAM: Corsair RGB Pro 4x8GB @3200MHz
MOBO: Asus X570 ROG Crosshair Ⅷ Hero
PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ
HDDs: 2x 1TB WD Blue
NVMe SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB, Corsair MP510 1TB ⠀⠀

Photoshop is installed on the 970 Evo Plus.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by lambiloon | Adobe Community Professional

Hi i think you need to install photoshop on main hard drive or then try it or if previous version works fine for you then revert back this is may be some bug....regards

TOPICS
Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

PC starts lagging more and more the longer I am working on a project

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So recently I got this problem where my whole PC extremely slows down to the point where I have to force a restart after a couple minutes of working on Photoshop, even when i close off photoshop my pc remains super laggy its almost impossible to do anything but restart. Restarting fixes the issue completely but when I open up Photoshop again the same issue starts after just a few minutes.

I tried reinstalling photoshop as well as adobe creative cloud, reinstalling gpu drivers,starting new projects from scratch and resetting the preferences. This happens on super low resolution projects too.
When I go to the Task manager my RAM, GPU and CPU usage are quite low, sometimes when this happens I see "system interrupts" popping up in the processes and eating up 40-50% of my cpu.

I can play any game just fine, other programs like Unity, and Davinci Resolve also work perfectly fine with no lag. The only time everything stars slowing down to unusable levels is when i start up photoshop, everything seems to be pointing towards a software issue but I don't know how to fix it. 

Pc:
CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X
GPU: MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
cpu cooler: NZXT Kraken X62
RAM: Corsair RGB Pro 4x8GB @3200MHz
MOBO: Asus X570 ROG Crosshair Ⅷ Hero
PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ
HDDs: 2x 1TB WD Blue
NVMe SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB, Corsair MP510 1TB ⠀⠀

Photoshop is installed on the 970 Evo Plus.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by lambiloon | Adobe Community Professional

Hi i think you need to install photoshop on main hard drive or then try it or if previous version works fine for you then revert back this is may be some bug....regards

TOPICS
Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 07, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ali Sajjad

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 1
EMIL5E81 LATEST
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reinstalled photoshop onto another drive (a second Nvme SSD) been using it for the past hour and havent had any issues. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 0