Highlighted

.PDF files are changing size in photoshop

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop version 21.2.4, Illustrator 24.3

I have a .pdf that I've opened in Illustrator that's 170" x 22". (I've checked the artboard size repeatedly.) When I open it in Photoshop, I get a dialogue box asking me what crop, size, resolution, etc.; the size is correct in the dialogue box. But as soon as the .pdf is open, it's 160" x 22". If I create a new image that's 170" x 22", and place the .pdf as a linked file, then it's the correct size. But if I ten save that as a .tif and try to place it in a Illustrator document, it can't read the file. ...But it will read it if I save as a .jpg.

WTF is going on? This didn't used to be a problem before I updated this morning. Did a preference get changed somewhere?

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

.PDF files are changing size in photoshop

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop version 21.2.4, Illustrator 24.3

I have a .pdf that I've opened in Illustrator that's 170" x 22". (I've checked the artboard size repeatedly.) When I open it in Photoshop, I get a dialogue box asking me what crop, size, resolution, etc.; the size is correct in the dialogue box. But as soon as the .pdf is open, it's 160" x 22". If I create a new image that's 170" x 22", and place the .pdf as a linked file, then it's the correct size. But if I ten save that as a .tif and try to place it in a Illustrator document, it can't read the file. ...But it will read it if I save as a .jpg.

WTF is going on? This didn't used to be a problem before I updated this morning. Did a preference get changed somewhere?

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 16, 2020 0

Have something to add?