• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF format in Photoshop has disappeared

New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Photoshop at home and at the office.

This seems to only be be happening to the Photoshop I use at work office.

Both are large iMacs.

Both are up-to-date and use Big Sur OS 11.4

Both use Photoshop  ver. 22.4.1

All of a sudden the Photoshop I use at work is very limited in the number of formats I can save a image.

Even if the image is RGB and 8 Bits/Channel,

it will not offer me a choice to save as a PDF.

Why ?

I've done this thousands of times before.

It will let me save in just about every format except a PDF.

WHY?

Why can't I save my image as a PDF

JayShm

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Since 22.4, if your file contains items that are not supported in your required format (e.g. layers or 16 bits/channel or hidden pixels etc) then the file format is moved from Save As (Shift+Ctrl+S) to the Save a Copy command (Alt+Ctrl+S). This was driven by changes in the Mac Operating System, although the changes are applied to both Mac and Windows versions to keep them aligned.

In the case of PDF it will appear in Save a Copy as the dialogues that follow the choice of the PDF format, allow ele

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since 22.4, if your file contains items that are not supported in your required format (e.g. layers or 16 bits/channel or hidden pixels etc) then the file format is moved from Save As (Shift+Ctrl+S) to the Save a Copy command (Alt+Ctrl+S). This was driven by changes in the Mac Operating System, although the changes are applied to both Mac and Windows versions to keep them aligned.

In the case of PDF it will appear in Save a Copy as the dialogues that follow the choice of the PDF format, allow elements of the file to be lost (e.g. downsampling or not keeping editability). So it is in the Save a Copy category.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe Changed Photoshop to work like a Mac Welcome to Apple.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines