• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

pdf to photoshop looks like crap

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated photoshop and now all textdocuments I take in from pdf looses quality alot and looks like crap. What can I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can start by providing meaningful information. 

What is »take in from pdf« supposed to mean for example? 

Do you place the pdf as a Smart Object, do you import/rasterize the pdf, what are the settings you choose, …? 

Could you please post a screenshot taken at View > 100% with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Channels, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Place them as smart objects. That will solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That depends on what the OP actually means and possibly on what the Anti-alias setting is. 

Screenshot 2021-02-08 at 17.30.22.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"That will solve the problem"

Assuming the file will eventually be output from Photoshop, it will only postpone the problem, not solve it.

Images in a PDF aren't treated as pixel images, they are treated as objects at a certain size. You set the resolution (ppi) when opening into Photoshop, and unless you happen to match the original resolution, chances are you will get a resampled image. 

In short, PDF images are hit or miss. I avoid them if at all possible. But to make the best out of it, open at 300 ppi in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines