• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pen offset from cursor, draws above or below my cursor depending on height of second monitor

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to find similar problems to mine but to no avail. Not that I blame anyone, this is such an obsucre issue that I don't even really know how to look it up. I'll try to explain it the best I can.

The issue is that my pen is offset vertically from the position of the cursor and thus the position of my pen whenever I try to draw on photoshop with my Huion Kamvas GT-221 Pro Tablet. All of the drivers are up to date and I've uninstalled and reinstalled the latest edition of photoshop twice. To no avail.

The issue arose while I was trying to solve ANOTHER problem with the software where my pen sensitivity was not working. I pasted the following line of code into a text document titled PSUserConfig.txt into my Adobe Photoshop 2020 Settings folder:

# Use WinTab
UseSystemStylus 0

After that, my issue began. The pen draws a line straight down from where I'm actually pressing and then only continues beneath the cursor. This is only an issue in photoshop. It did not happen before I put the config there. But here's where it gets weird. The offset is determined by the height of my second display. If I disconnect my second monitor then I'm fully able to use the tablet as intended, but that is decisively inconvenient for me, and if there is a way to fix it I want to take it. The image below displays what I'm talking about.

https://imgur.com/a/W0GfTZU

If there's any ways I can fix this I will gladly take them, because put simply this issue has infuriated me beyond previously thought of limits.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm having a smiliar issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines