Highlighted

Pen Pressure Control Fail

Contributor ,
Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am suddenly unable to control brush pressure sensitivity with Wacom pen. I see many reports of similar issues online, but they are with older versions of PS & Wacom. There is a " ! " warning in the brush palette for stamp & brush tools next to Control Pressure. This is a new issue, not timed with any recent updates. My PS is up to date (22.0.0) as is my Wacom. Wondering if perhaps I upset something in settings. It's always possible that my prefs have bcome corrupted, as this happens more frequently now. But resetting prefs requires so many aditional app resests, that I try to avoid it unless necessary.

Are there any current known issues?

Thanks for feedback.

Mac Pro Late 2013

OS 10.14.6

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Pen Pressure Control Fail

Contributor ,
Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am suddenly unable to control brush pressure sensitivity with Wacom pen. I see many reports of similar issues online, but they are with older versions of PS & Wacom. There is a " ! " warning in the brush palette for stamp & brush tools next to Control Pressure. This is a new issue, not timed with any recent updates. My PS is up to date (22.0.0) as is my Wacom. Wondering if perhaps I upset something in settings. It's always possible that my prefs have bcome corrupted, as this happens more frequently now. But resetting prefs requires so many aditional app resests, that I try to avoid it unless necessary.

Are there any current known issues?

Thanks for feedback.

Mac Pro Late 2013

OS 10.14.6

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 06, 2020 0
Contributor ,
Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone with a similar issue, I have a simple, workable solution: In this case, there was an OS privacy permissions issue. I was instructed by Wacom to delete all wacom items in the Systems prefs > Security & privacy > Accessibility list. THen I went to apps & uninstalled Wacom Tablet Utlity App. Then restart. Then I went to Wacom.com & downloaded the appropriate driver for my tablet. I installed that & restarted. Then I returned to System Prefs Accessibility & checked (enabled) the Wacom driver. THis resolved my issue with pressure sensitivity in PShop.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2020 0