Highlighted

Pen Pressure doesn't work with PSUserConfig workaround

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Randomly, the UseSystemStylus 0 workaround stopped working in my Photoshop. I have to remove the .txt file completely and turn on Windows Ink for the pen pressure to start working again.

This wouldn't be an issue in itself, if WinInk wasn't causing issues with my Coolorus plugin. It's a known issue that the plugin does not react to the stylus with Windows Ink enabled. 

I'm running the 21.2.2 version of PS. 

Thoughts on what could be causing this? 

Topics

Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Pen Pressure doesn't work with PSUserConfig workaround

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Randomly, the UseSystemStylus 0 workaround stopped working in my Photoshop. I have to remove the .txt file completely and turn on Windows Ink for the pen pressure to start working again.

This wouldn't be an issue in itself, if WinInk wasn't causing issues with my Coolorus plugin. It's a known issue that the plugin does not react to the stylus with Windows Ink enabled. 

I'm running the 21.2.2 version of PS. 

Thoughts on what could be causing this? 

Topics

Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct Photoshop WinTab Pen support was broken in the 21.1 Updated and in the 21.2.2 update it was broken more to the Point Pen pressure now no longer works in Photoshop. There are also issues using Pen in Photoshop using Microsoft INK.  Adobe is aware of the issues and a is look at the problem. There Are many thread on this subject. Regress to Photoshop versiom 21.0.3. till Adobe addresses the issues.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers, I'm going to download that version instead. I hope this is something they will resolve Windows Ink has been causing issues for years. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines