Highlighted

Pen pressure not working in Photoshop (2.1.1.3) I've tried PSUserConfig

New Here ,
May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently had to reset my computer after a Windows 10 update bug. After reinstalling Photoshop, pen pressure refuses to work on my tablet.

Tablet:

Intuos Pro S

Driver is up to date (6.2.39-1)

Windows Ink is turned off

Photoshop:

Ver. 2.1.1.3

Shape dynamics is set to pen pressure

My PSUserConfig.txt reads as follows:

# Use WinTab

UseSystemStylus 0

I've even tried Windows+R > services.msc > Wacom Professional Service > Restart, which has worked in the past. I've restarted my computer, done everything I've seen on previously answered threads. I am at a loss.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by davescm | Adobe Community Professional

In the current version of Photoshop use Windows Ink.  So turn Windows Ink on in the Wacom tablet properties and remove the PSUserConfig.txt file. You will need to restart Photoshop.

Incidentally, that is not the latest driver for the Intuos Pro S - the latest is 6.3.39-1

Dave

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Pen pressure not working in Photoshop (2.1.1.3) I've tried PSUserConfig

New Here ,
May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently had to reset my computer after a Windows 10 update bug. After reinstalling Photoshop, pen pressure refuses to work on my tablet.

Tablet:

Intuos Pro S

Driver is up to date (6.2.39-1)

Windows Ink is turned off

Photoshop:

Ver. 2.1.1.3

Shape dynamics is set to pen pressure

My PSUserConfig.txt reads as follows:

# Use WinTab

UseSystemStylus 0

I've even tried Windows+R > services.msc > Wacom Professional Service > Restart, which has worked in the past. I've restarted my computer, done everything I've seen on previously answered threads. I am at a loss.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by davescm | Adobe Community Professional

In the current version of Photoshop use Windows Ink.  So turn Windows Ink on in the Wacom tablet properties and remove the PSUserConfig.txt file. You will need to restart Photoshop.

Incidentally, that is not the latest driver for the Intuos Pro S - the latest is 6.3.39-1

Dave

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 23, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 23, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a damn shame. I turned off Windows Ink because a touch-pad keyboard kept showing up on my screen and that was the only fix I could find. I don't just use my tablet to draw, I use it in place of my mouse. I have a keyboard already, and having chronic RSIs in both hands writing out text in the keyboard pop up is harder on my hands than just using my keyboard. I guess I'll have to continuously switch whether or not I use Windows Ink depending on if I'm using Photoshop.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 31, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can set whether to use Windows ink by application in the tablet properties 

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 01, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ive done this and now have it functioning but now have laggy sliders

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 0