• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pen Pressure not working in PS 2021

Contributor ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pen pressure for my Wacom is broken again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you configure Photoshop 2021 abd you Tablet to work together. I have tested Windows 10, Photoshop 2021 and my Wacom Intuos Tablet using WinTabs and INK application interfaces,  The  Pen Panning issue reported in 21.2.3 is still in 22.0 Pen Pressure works with WinTan an Ink API.

PenConfig.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ist of all, My wacom has the latest driver. 2nd, I am unsure what you are trying to tell me to do with all these pictures. If you are telling me to use Windows ink in the Wacom driver, I do not like doing that, it makes the pen behave erratically. My pressure works PERFECTLY in PS 2020. If you think I need to make all these changes to use pen pressure in PS 2021, it almost does not seem worth it. when I can just use the old version. (2020). This PS version is a nightmare. The only one thing I like is the new select and mask refine hair button. Neural filters not working, pen pressure not working. I am very disappointed, Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to configure 2021 like you configured 2020.  Did you add a PSUserConfig.txt file to your 2020 preferences? If you did copy that file to your 2021 preferences folder. 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks JJMack for this comprehensive image.  I'm not sure how this could be any clearer.  I've also struggled with the pen pressure on my Cintiq 22HD for different versions of photoshop, but using Windows Ink while adjusting the settings as you show in the diagram fixed the pressure sensitivity issues, as well as the lag on initial pen contact that Windows Ink used to have when using a stylus.  Glad to see that I don't have to write my own preferences settings anymore to use as a workaround for every update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi sir,

i dnt have any tablet for my pc, please let me knw how to use pen pressure settings in my PS 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't have a tablet you can't use the pen pressure function.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What make of pressure sensitive Pen do you have? Does your computer support its use?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im using laptop, i dnt have any other pen and Wacom tablets, only pc and laptop in that not working, the problem was in the brush settings pen pressure showing cuttion symbol, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to be using a pressure sensitive Pen and and it needs to be configured to work with Phtoshop to use INK or to use WinTab ali on a PC.  If Photoshop does not see your Pen the rewill be a warning icon in brush settings Pen Persure will not function .

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has setting all ovet the Place in Photoshop can you shei a screen capture the show where you fimef setting are missing? Also this a Photoshop Forun not a Photoshop Emements forum here os a like to that forum overe there they will know where Elements setting are Eelements 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've already moved this posting as an new thread into the Photoshop Elements forum 

on yesterday 7/2/21 5:30 PM CET.

Pen Pressure not working in PS Elements 2021 - Adobe Support Community - 11814232

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is helpful, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, just want to say thank you for the guide, all the steps I followed seemed to help, though I think the key was changing the UseSystemStylus value to 1 if using windows ink, which every single guide I've looked at was not clear on.  Honestly the issue could have been solved by uninsalling and reinstalling Photoshop as well. Either way, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The right click stuff seems really unnecessary. Just enabling windows ink gave me pressure sensitivity.

If I was being forced to right click draw I'd have to agree with the angry OP.

Nice work on adobes part making undo no longer terrible though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yup pressure sensativity still flaking out, especialy if you zoom in or out while drawing,  same thing with clone tool.  get it together Adobe WTF!!!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your environment like.  I have an old Dell 2Ghz  workstation 40GB ECC Ram  a 256 SSD Nvidia  quadro K2200 and a Wacom Intuos Pro small Tablet.  I running windows 10 2004 and use WinTab for Pen Pressure with Photoshop.  I have Photoshop CS6,  CC2014, CC 2018, CC 2019,  PS 2020 and PS 2021 installed.  I doe not see amt problems   in Photoshop with Pen Pressure.  It I set spacing to 1%, set a large tip size and zoom way our on a 300,000 Px by 300,000 Px lag is unbelievability large.  With a small tip and spacing it  was working well with the 300,000x300,000 max canvas size till PS 2021 crashed.  With a normal size canvas and reasonable brush setting I do not see any problems except the Pen Panning issue introduced in 21.2.3.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines