• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pen pressure not working in the new Photoshop 2020 (21.2.2)

Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed the Photoshop CC release 21.2.2 on my Windows 10 desktop. Imagine my disappointment.... again, when the pressure sensititity didn't work on my Wacom Induos Pro table.  Once again I'm back to searching for help. I retried all the proposed solutions that I will not relist here. Nothing work. I had to revert back to CC release 21.2.1 and immeditatly my pen pressure was working again. I'm really getting tired of holding my breath everytime an update is release, waiting to find out what's not going to work this time. Tablets and pen pressure is a big deal to most Photoshop users. Why doesn't Adobe at least ensure that feature works before releasing updates???  A new bell or whistle doesn't mean anything if you lose a big feature such as your tablet. Adobe, please pay attention and do better.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Engaged ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are many threads about this already - here and in the support forum. Adobe can't ignore this. Let's see how long it takes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has ignored it in the last 6 updates

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well. Wintab worked before 21.2.2. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe broke wintab in the 21.1 update

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree.  I think Adobe has to know this issue exist, like you said, there are many threads dating back years on this issue.  They have heard. I honestly don't think they care, and probably won't care until there is a competitor that can compete with photoshop. Once that happens and their customer base starts bailing, then maybe they'll care. I'm so frustrated and disappointed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree and I expect an Announcement from Adobe on top of the list instead of other threads they are focusing on like new releases or features. I'll not explain here for how long I run into problems with pressure sensitivity and how many tries of different configurations, installs and uninstalls I did. Tried everything explained in Community and all is happening again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I wish that people would stop suggesting to reset the preferences, reinstall drivers or even Photoshop itself when it doesn't change a thing and even leads to wasting more time. At this point the problem is obvious well reported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines