• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

pen pressure not working on Photoshop cc 2020 v 21.2.2

Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just starting today, probably due to the new update, Photoshop will no longer use pen pressure. The wacom properties recognizes pen pressure just fine, but it is only photoshop I've found that won't use pen pressure anymore. I have tried everything,

- Shutting down and booting up my computer, restarting my computer, and photoshop itself.

-  Putting the PSUserConfig into the photoshop settings folder.

- Turning on windows ink, with and without the PSUserConfig text file.

- Reinserting my tablet USB into another port. and the list probably goes on.

Some other unique info, when looking into "Shape Dynamics" under brush settings, the little triangle with the "!" inside it next to where I can select "Pen Pressure," appear and reappear randomly, at least from my testing. However, it doesn't matter if the triangle is there or not, pen pressure still does not work either way. I'm not sure if that info was useful but there it is just in case. I use a windows 10 btw.

I make a weekly comic series, I have work to do. And I really can't work without Photoshop using pen pressure, please respond soon!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Odinstalowanie wacoma i programu zarządzającego Najnowsze sterowniki Wacom i usunięcie pliku PSUserConfig zrobiło robotę,

Wacom ma nacisk pióra 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

U mnie w końcu zadziałało, a główkowałem pare dni. Dzięki:-)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue and deleting psuconfig and activating windows ink didn't help... I'm going back to 21.1. but this is really such a ridiclious problem, I wish Adobe/Wacom/Windows could Beta test together...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is correct broke Photoshop WinTab support You Have no choice you need to use Windows INK to use your pen with Photoshop. 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To make it work finally on my laptop with the latest Windows updates and the latest Wacom driver as well, I had to downgrade to Photoshop v.20.0.10. All this after I have lost probably a few working days in the last months just struggling to install, uninstall, switch WIndows Ink on or off etc...also adding or removing that Config file suggested here and there.

So I end up with working pressure sensitivity with the most outdated PS available to install from CC app, but not the normal way but with PSUserConfig.txt file and Windows Ink opt-out.

I think Adobe, Wacom, and Microsoft have to finally sit on one table and resolve the ongoing problems for years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to install 21.0.3 and WinTab should work. Adobe broke Photoshop's WinTab support in the 20.1 update.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks, will try that. At least will work with 21.0.3. But will keep 20.0.10 installed for any case as a backup for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes always have a backup Photoshop installed. I have several.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the above settings, PS 2019 (v.20.0.10) worked for a day and the pressure sensitivity is gone. The situation is a disaster overall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i roll back to 21.2.1 with the hack of the psconfig. for now it's work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop 2021 22.0.0 the following method works to make Wacom pen pressure stills work WITHOUT Windows INK.

Create a file "PSUserConfig.txt" with the text content:

# Use WinTab
UseSystemStylus 0

Put this file in the folder:

C:\Users\*YourUserName*\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2021\Adobe Photoshop 2021 Settings

Some are saying that this method no longer works, but it works in Version 22.0.0 at least.

Remember to restart Photoshop after you created this file.

Windows INK is terrible and altough enabling Windows INK also enabled Pen Pressure, it caused issues like disabling the Wacom Pen's right click and/or left click button functions. I tried for example having the function "Right Click" on the lower button on the Wacom.

So there you go. A method tried and working from 22.0.0

If this works for earlier version, I do not know.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK you, turns out it works again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey there 🙂
thats way im still usssing Ps 2018. took me a lot of time to set every thing to my liking .
just intall Ps 2021 and got te exact same problem. also got  lots of work on my pipeline and the easy fix is to just use Ps2018 for me, i guess u uninstall the old V.
i remmber inside C:////romming///Photoshoposetting...> u got a file PSUserConfig> some user change the setting ///
and also ther is a script file for painters on Photoshop to put in this folder....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3MlhIaK-y0&list=PL6C86F77C2E398BC5&index=187&ab_channel=BoroCG

hope it helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

 Got FIX 

Capture2.PNG

i just copy paste the PSUesrConfig.txt from Ps 2018 v to >Photoshop setting folder with thouse settings:

Capture3.PNG

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines