• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pen Pressure not working Photoshop CC 2020 xp-pen, problem

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Community, i tried everything from all the posts here, to fix this problem 😞
- UseSystemStylus 0 Strategy
(in many variations! With and without # Use WinTab, 
with and without .txt in the name and all variations
with and without Windows-Ink selected for my XP-PEN)
- reinstalling & updating my programs. 
- Win Ink Checkbox on/off

WHY oh WHY it doesen't work on Photoshop?? 😞 Other Programms are working. I never used in an other version of Photoshop (for example 2019 version) i wanted to try, but don't know how to install. The Versions i could install via Creative Cloud are: oldest 20.0.09 up to newest 21.1.2. But these are all Photoshop 2020 or not? 

I work with a Notebook from Huawei (Matebook D14), a XP-PEN Tablet and WIN 10 (all updated).

I would appriciate a lot, to hear some more ideas or experiences about to fix this! *-* 
Also about a way to install Photoshop 2019. Thanks a lot!! 🙂
Happy Hugs!! x3

[To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/]
[Moving from generic Start/Help forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Have you solved your problem since then?

I have an Xp-Pen and use Win 10 too, and since Photoshop CC 2020 and Pentablet updates, I can't find any way to get back the tablet pressure...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are a Godsend for this vid link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, this hack stopped working after the recent update and the problem is back again! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same XP Pen - No pressure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to update anyone looking specifically for xp pen pressure/ps 2020. I worked with xp pen to get win ink working. Found a driver that worked correctly.

Then I worked with Adobe (one of my issues was lines and rays - this is caused by the psconfig file that may have been used previously) Once I deleted that - it works flawlessly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you find the driver for xp pen?

I found another solution (strange, but working) :

- uninstalled xp pen driver, restarted the computer

- installed a Wacom driver, restarted again.

- reinstalled the xp pen driver, and restarted.

Somebody from Xp Pen told me that maybe it's the removal and reinstallation of Xp Pen driver which is working, and that it is not due to the Wacom driver. But still, it's working.

(by the way, the Xp pen support team is very reactive)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found that after installing a Photoshop update that I will routinely need to reinstall the tablet/pen drivers.

I hope that helps

warmly/j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked like a charm!  Thank you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This video helped me, everything is working fine now 🙂

https://youtu.be/gf8IOQF3BC0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to this, you also need to go to the Pen Settings in the XP Pen config app and turn Windows Ink OFF. Otherwise the pen won't work at all after you add the PSUserConfig.txt file. If you are editing photos rather than drawing you will probably also want to go to Brush Settings > Shape Dynamics in Photoshop and set the Minimum Diameter to 100% or slightly less, otherwise you will get narrow lines on light pressure when doing dodging, burning and shading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines