• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pen Pressure stopped working in PS 2021

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Full disclosure - I'm getting really tired of this. Every single new update of Photoshop introduces new bugs and challeneges. 

Updated to thelatest version of Photoshop this morning. Pen Pressure stopped working for my cintiq. I tried copying the userConfig document from previous versions where everythign was working. I'm on Windows 10.  Any help would be appreciated. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you configure Pen support in 2021 like you did in version 21.2.4? Photoshop will not migrate PSUserConfig.txt.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Iwas able to find a fix on youtube. I needed a PSUserConfig file with the follwing in it:

# Use WinTab
UseSystemStylus 0
WarnRunningScripts 0

Which was different from previous versions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you use wintab in Photoshop 2020 version 21.2.4 then the PSUserConfig.txt ie required in 21.2.4, Like I wrote Adobe Installer will not migrate that file you need to.

Currently Photoshop default Pen interface is Windows INK and so is Wacom device driver default  Microsoft Windows INK.   The Wintab interface is an old interface and it was the only interface before Windows INK. WinTab works better with Photoshop than Windows INK.   INK has performance issues and also add annoying visual feedback for modifier key used  windows settings to turn off this feedback does not work.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines