• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pen pressure turns on and off while using Wacom in Photoshop 2020 (21.1.2) on macOS Catalina

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I am on MBP 16, using Wacom Intuos Pro M. I run MacOs Catalina 10.15.4, wacom drivers version 6.3.38-3, and PS 21.1.2. It is a new machine so it has a cleanly installed Photoshop and wacom drivers.

The problem I am facing is that at random times pen would just completely lose pressure sensitivity. Sometimes it fixes itself on the next stroke, and sometimes I have to wait 5-10 seconds or longer. It might happen once a day, or 20 times a day, so it is highly disruptive to my work process. I haven't been able to connect this to anything - right now it seems it just happens at absolutely random times.

I have seen several similar issues highlighted here already, but most of them seem to be for Windows. Is there anything Adobe team can suggest I do to fix this? 

Thank you!

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry about the experience with Photoshop on your Mac while using the Wacom tablet. 

Please go to Wacom Tablet Properties > Pen >  Tip Double Click Distance > Off. You can also go to the System preferences for your Mac and check if you can find an option for INK. If you do, please disable that and launch Photoshop to check if it helps. 

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nikunj,

thank you for your advice. There was no INK in system preferences, but I've turned off the tip double click distance (as well as cleanly reinstalled and installed a new wacom driver as advised by Michelle below). It seems to be working well for now. I will keep observing its behavior and if the issue still persists I will leave a comment below.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure! Please do let us know how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Nikunj! It's been a week and I wanted to report that unfortunately the issue didn't go away and my brush still loses pressure sensitivity at random points of the day. Is there anything else you can recommend? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I had a very similar issue when I installed the new Wacom drivers on my new Mac Pro laptop. I found this article about compatibility issues and making sure you give the correct permissions and it was estremely helpful. I am now up and running with no issues. 

https://machollywood.com/blogs/news/wacom-tablet-compatibility-with-mac-os-10-15-catalina

Let us know if that solved the problem or if you need any more help?

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michelle,

I've followed the steps from the link you shared and installed a new driver. It seems to work well for now, I will keep observing its behavior as I work and will leave a comment here if the issue still persists. 

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had a similar problem under Windows after the last Photoshop update. Brush strokes randomly lose pressure sensitivity. I've also turned off double click distance in the Wacom drivers, and Windwos flicks/gestures.  

Sadly this has been a a problem going on and off for many years now, so I have no hopes for Adobe ever fixing it (and yeah, since it only happens with Photoshop this is clearly Adobes problem).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines