• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pen Tool Issue

Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to perform what I thought was a simply command for a logo that I am creating. When I use the pen tool to remove a section from around a letter and a border, the pen tool fills in the area with a stroke. I can't figure out how to change it so that I can use it affectively. 

Thanks in advance for your help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Options bar along the top of the interface, there are options when selecting the Pen Tool , turn off Stroke Fill or whatever else you don't want there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post meaningful, complete screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Paths, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please refer to the Online help for learning about the different interface elements. The Options bar is at the top of the screen as I said

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. When I turned off the stroke fill it affected the thickness of the ellipse and create the negative area around the text. I'm trying to add the affect shown below to my logo. I know I'm missing something, but can't put my finger on it.

Voltaire_0-1614190243567.png

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Angie,  

I figures it out. I didn't rasterize the ellipse before performing tha next command.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well done for figuring it out, yay! 🙂 its very satisfying when that happens eh? 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines