Highlighted

Pen Tool Make Selection Tool, Operation Options are Greyed Out

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the pen tool to make a selection, close the path, right click to make a selection but the operation options are greyed out. I also have tried doing it through the menu at the top I really need these options.

I have tried ressetting photoshop preferences, resetting the pen, restatring photoshop and my mac, but still when I go to make my selection these options are greyed out.

I am making the pen selection on a 16bit RGB photo, Ive tried doing it on the background layer, a layer copy and a blank layer but the same always, no options to add, subtract or intersect selection.

Screenshot 2020-10-10 at 09.24.59.png

Screenshot 2020-10-10 at 10.18.22.png

TOPICS
Mac, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Pen Tool Make Selection Tool, Operation Options are Greyed Out

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the pen tool to make a selection, close the path, right click to make a selection but the operation options are greyed out. I also have tried doing it through the menu at the top I really need these options.

I have tried ressetting photoshop preferences, resetting the pen, restatring photoshop and my mac, but still when I go to make my selection these options are greyed out.

I am making the pen selection on a 16bit RGB photo, Ive tried doing it on the background layer, a layer copy and a blank layer but the same always, no options to add, subtract or intersect selection.

Screenshot 2020-10-10 at 09.24.59.png

Screenshot 2020-10-10 at 10.18.22.png

TOPICS
Mac, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 10, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If no Selection is active then obviously »Add to Selecttion«, »Subtract from Selecttion« and »Intersect with Intersection« would be nonsensical. 

So is a Selection active already? 

Please post a screenshot that includes all the relevant UI elements. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2020 0