Highlighted

Pen tool nodes and handles are tiny after the latest PSD update

Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not 20-something any more; I had tweaked my Photoshop preferences so the nodes and handles of the pen tool were blue and larger. Now since the latest update they've gone grey and tiny. I can't find where in the preferences to reset that:(   Does anyone know how to do that?   Also it seems that now panning around the screen includes a lot of artifacting, whereas before it was smooth. I can't find where to set those preferences either.....???

Topics

How to, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Pen tool nodes and handles are tiny after the latest PSD update

Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not 20-something any more; I had tweaked my Photoshop preferences so the nodes and handles of the pen tool were blue and larger. Now since the latest update they've gone grey and tiny. I can't find where in the preferences to reset that:(   Does anyone know how to do that?   Also it seems that now panning around the screen includes a lot of artifacting, whereas before it was smooth. I can't find where to set those preferences either.....???

Topics

How to, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 18, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2020-07-18 at 22.27.01.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 18, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is greyed out for some people, including me. I rolled back to 21.1.2 until it's fixed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 18, 2020 1
LEGEND ,
Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your GPU enabled? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 18, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is.... I guess I'm going to roll back to the previous version too. This update ruined several things.... I know I need to get a new graphics card.......

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 18, 2020 1
LEGEND ,
Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»Also it seems that now panning around the screen includes a lot of artifacting, whereas before it was smooth.«

Does turning on (or off, depending on the current settings) Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Legacy Compositing and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 18, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but that didn't help. I'll roll back to my previous version but it's interesting about the legacy compositing thing...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 18, 2020 0