• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pen tool rubber band not showing, though checked

Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'm brand new to Ps and am trying to deep etch something for an assingment. The rubber band isn't showing for the pen tool, though the box is checked. And when I finish the path, I don't get the little circle icon for Close Path, but a Pick Up Path icon. 

Any thoughts please - I've posted a question to my lecturer yesterday but no response, and I can't progress. Thank you. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you are using a Mac.  If so then this is a known issue, but I don't know when it will be fixed.

Photoshop 22.3.0: Pen Tool Not Working as it should | Adobe Photoshop Family

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I'm on a PC. I uninstalled the latest update, and installed the immediately-previous version, and the rubber band appears. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Work-around: Maintain a Work Path while working on named Paths. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I'm less than a week in to using Photoshop so I'm not sure what that means in effect - in the meantime, I uninstalled the latest version of Photoshop and installed the immediately-prior version. Thanks for replying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

bugReportPenToolUnconnectedPathPoints2.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines