Highlighted

pen tool / want to get thin colored line to be able to fill in work

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did this in the past but now after a few points it makes shapes. I need a lot of curves in my work and I am so frustrated please help. I need the thin slines for my curves. 

TOPICS
How to, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

pen tool / want to get thin colored line to be able to fill in work

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did this in the past but now after a few points it makes shapes. I need a lot of curves in my work and I am so frustrated please help. I need the thin slines for my curves. 

TOPICS
How to, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 04, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I understand the question, but I'll give it a try.

When the Pen tool is selected, there are choices in the Options bar.

image.png

If you choose Shape, a new shape layer is automatically created and the path that you draw is filled with the foreground color; colors can be changed afterwards if you wish. If you choose Path, no layer is created and whatever you draw is simply a path with no fill and no stroke. If you choose pixels, whatever you draw with the Pen is filled with pixels on the active layer, using the foreground color, and there is no vector path, just pixels.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 04, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. You are a big help. but the line is in a default color. How do i get it to be the same as the color shade I am using? I have done it before but...... can't get it now. Thanks so much from Ann in the boston MA area.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 04, 2020 0
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can choose a stroke or fill color in the Options bar, and you can also change the stroke weight:

image.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 04, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give me the dummy of the week award. When I chose pen or curvature tool the box in options will only let me choose path or shape. How do I get to pixels. The fill color did not work in these options. I did this for weeks on other pieces in this artwork series but can’t figure it out. Ann

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 04, 2020 0
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Pixels option is available if you select a Shape tool in the Tools panel. 

It is not an option that is available with the Pen tool. If you want to use the Pen tool and get Pixels, as a workaround you could choose Shape, draw a shape with the Pen tool and then right click on the resulting layer and choose Rasterize.

I'm still not sure exactly what you want to achieve. It would be helpful if you post a screen capture or image that shows what you're trying to do.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 04, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OKAY!!!!Will do tomorrow. The clock struck midnight and the ball is over like in cinderella! See you Saturday.

Ann

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 04, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have attached a file of the whole painting before photoshopping and a square of the vine with the blue line. This is one of 32 3 x 5 feet canvases that tell the story of the first day of Genesis. I am 5 months into photoshopping these. When I last used the pen I was able to layout the color to match and keep it so I could fill in the item. I would use the pen and then click a place on the path choice.(I believe) Hope this is clear. Annannrosenberg-20.jpgIMG_3174.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 05, 2020 0
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you just need to make a Path rather than a Shape, adjust the setting on the option bar for the Pen Tool:

Semaphoric-PLXibM_0-1599259103304.png

Or, if it's just an issue with the Shapes being filled in, you could select None for the fill, and a low thickness value for the stroke.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 04, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found my original notes but foolishly didn't save the instructions. I set the path on the right side of layer and channels. Then I used the Direct Selection  tool. It stroked in the color I was working with on the vine. I was working the edges so I could fill them in with smooth curves. I was able to make the strokes part of the artwork when I clicked the cicle on the bottom of where path is. Thanks for your patience. Ann

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 06, 2020 0
Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like this is what you did --

Draw a path with the Pen tool.

In the Tools panel, set the foreground color to the color with which you want to stroke the path.

Select a tool that you want to use to stroke the path. You may have selected the Brush tool or the Pencil tool; probably the Brush tool.

Select the options for the Brush, for example, the diameter and the hardness of the brush.

Select the path with the Path Selection tool or the Direct Selection tool. 

In the Path panel, choose Stroke Path.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 06, 2020 0