Highlighted

Performance issue MacBook Pro 16 inch

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just upgraded my Macbook to the new Macbook pro 16 inch but I seem to be running into some issues with Photoshop. When I open Photoshop, it shows a quick black screen before continuing to open. I've tried to change a lot of settings and turning off 'use graphic card' seems to help that issue. But without using the graphic card I feel like Photoshop doesn't run smoothly at all. I've seen others talk about these type of issues with the macbook pro 16 inch but so far I haven't seen any solutions to the problem. I'm using Adobe for school so it's important to me that it runs good and smooth.

These are my specs:

Processor: 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

Memory: 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500M with 4GB GDDR6-memory + Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

I've uploaded a video to Youtube to show my problems:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI97YG2d7RM&feature=youtu.be 

I really hope someone is able to help me, otherwise I might have to return my Macbook.. I just bought it 2 days ago. Everything else is working perfectly fine (so it's not a broken processor or something) but Adobe is a really important part of my study and the reason I bought the Macbook in the first place. 

Thanks in advance,

Noah

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
TOPICS
Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Performance issue MacBook Pro 16 inch

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just upgraded my Macbook to the new Macbook pro 16 inch but I seem to be running into some issues with Photoshop. When I open Photoshop, it shows a quick black screen before continuing to open. I've tried to change a lot of settings and turning off 'use graphic card' seems to help that issue. But without using the graphic card I feel like Photoshop doesn't run smoothly at all. I've seen others talk about these type of issues with the macbook pro 16 inch but so far I haven't seen any solutions to the problem. I'm using Adobe for school so it's important to me that it runs good and smooth.

These are my specs:

Processor: 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

Memory: 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500M with 4GB GDDR6-memory + Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

I've uploaded a video to Youtube to show my problems:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI97YG2d7RM&feature=youtu.be 

I really hope someone is able to help me, otherwise I might have to return my Macbook.. I just bought it 2 days ago. Everything else is working perfectly fine (so it's not a broken processor or something) but Adobe is a really important part of my study and the reason I bought the Macbook in the first place. 

Thanks in advance,

Noah

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
TOPICS
Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 31, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the performance issues with Photoshop. I am using the same macbook, the black screen that appears at launch is due to macOS switchin the graphics processor. You can turn this feature off by clicking on the Battery icon then choose "Open Energy Save Preferences" and uncheck "Automatic Graphics Switching".

Also, to resolve the performance issues make sure that your MacBook has the latest operating system update installed and try optimizing Photoshop by following the steps mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html

Hope this helps,
Regards,
Sahil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 04, 2020 0