• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Performance issues with Photoshop 2021

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did an update yesturday has Photoshop was running really slow, it's not better. It takes 10 mins to open then once it's open i try to up a background on my page and that takes another 5mins then won't let me move or resize the design. I've spend over half an hour trying to do one design to day and got no were. I;m ready to cancel everything i have with Adobe and move over to Affinty design and give that a go if these prombles are not resolved. It's costing me money with how long it's takeing to do designs.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Photoshop and OS?

How much RAM and spare disk capacity do you have?

Have you tried resetting the Photoshop preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Derek, I'm having a similar issue. Just selecting seems taxing.

I already tried some of the suggestions here, with no significant changes: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html

I haven't reset prefs yet, next on my list.  

Technology: PS 22.3.0, Mac OS 10.15.7. MBP with 32GB RAM. 1T SSD with 765GB available. Seems more than adequate.

Illustrator has been Really Lagging the past few days as well. Different thread tho. 😉

If anyone has any additional suggestions, I'm open. Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop 22.3. Since you're using macOS Catalina, please check out the steps suggested below:

1. Go to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab.

2. Then select Accessibility from the list to the left & check if Photoshop is added to the list with a check mark in front of it.

3. If Photoshop is not a part of the list, please add it by unlocking the window first using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking the + icon & navigating to the Applications folder.

4. Also, grant permissions to Photoshop under Full disk access located in the same list as Accessibility.

5. Once done, restart the Mac & check if it helps.

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Would you mind sharing the exact version of Photoshop you're using along with your computers operating system?

You can try optimizing the Preferences of Photoshop using the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html

If the issue persists, you can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines