Highlighted

Performance setting for usage of graphic card sporadically greyed out

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The setting Performance-> Use Graphics card is greyed out sporadically.  Mostly it happens after closing and reopening photoshop (so pretty often). The only way to solve this issue is to reset user settings in the general tab. But this workaround always leads to rearrange everthing in photoshop again (the workspace, latest open files are gone, brushes have to be imported again). So this workaround is very annaoying as it takes very much time. Is there any way to just reset graphics adjustements without resetting the whole application. I contacted the Adobe support already but they just stated that my grafic card is not supported (AMD RADEON RX5700 XT). But I dont find any message that AMD graphic cards are not supported any more. Does anybody have the same issue?Unbenannt-2.png

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Performance setting for usage of graphic card sporadically greyed out

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The setting Performance-> Use Graphics card is greyed out sporadically.  Mostly it happens after closing and reopening photoshop (so pretty often). The only way to solve this issue is to reset user settings in the general tab. But this workaround always leads to rearrange everthing in photoshop again (the workspace, latest open files are gone, brushes have to be imported again). So this workaround is very annaoying as it takes very much time. Is there any way to just reset graphics adjustements without resetting the whole application. I contacted the Adobe support already but they just stated that my grafic card is not supported (AMD RADEON RX5700 XT). But I dont find any message that AMD graphic cards are not supported any more. Does anybody have the same issue?Unbenannt-2.png

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 16, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe no longer state which adapters they test.  Adobe just stated older GPU may be of limited use. No date seems to be associated with  "older"  GPUs .   Adobe states to consider new GPU that benchmark better than 2000.

In  the past Adobe seemed to Prefer Nvidia Quadro adapters  for  applications like AE and Premier Pro.

Make sure you have installed the latest Device driver the manufacture of you display adapter has made available for your OS  and cross your fingers.

My Nvidia Quadro K2200 is 6 years old is one of the cheaper quadros.  Photoshop 2021 neural filter are very slow on my windows 10 workstation.  The colorize neural filter  seem not to use the K2200 GPU at all. It seems to use all of my Processor cores instead.  I have two slow 2GHz Xeons 6 core processors.  All 12 core are in use I see 24 threads using 100% CPU for a long long time. So I think my Quadro K2200 adapter seems to fall into Adobe's category of limited use.    

Adobe dropping support of some Windows and Mac OS versions and changing GPU requirements  breaking  3D  Support, Braking Line tool, and adding  1px black strokes in Photoshop 2021.  Makes 2021 a top contender for the worst Photoshop release ever released.  

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2020 1
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem was caused by the installation of the citrix desktop software. This installs an additional graphics adapter in windows. Deactivating this adapter in the device manager in windows solved this issue

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 24, 2020 0
JJMack LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear you found you issue.  On Windows I install Spacedesk  its more or less a display adapter. I have been able to attach most mobile devices as additional display on my windows system.  I believe I have even attache 3 devices for three additional displays at one time.  I normally only attach one toe view images on small high ppi resolution displays. 

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 24, 2020 0