Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Performances issues one MacBook Pro 16" 2019 Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have an issue with adobe photoshop and all the cc suite on my brand new macbook pro 2016. Performances seems to be terribly bad. The stamp tool for example is running terribly slow. Preview is appearing with 3s latancy. I have also problems with InDesign in which the preview mode is not working at all.

I use the latest versions of the softs. I also tried previous versions of photoshop but issues are the same.

Do you have similar problems ?

Thank you for your help.

Jonathan

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jonathan,

Sorry to hear about the performance issues with Photoshop, could you please try enabling "Legacy compositing" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

Also, could you try optimizing the performance of Photoshop by following the steps mentioned here and let us know how it goes? 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank for your respond, I've tred all what you recommand an it does not make any change in term of performances... I have also tried to disable GPU accelerationa and performance are noticibely faster without... It seems like a GPU issue.

Best regards,

Jonathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Photoshop are you using? Have you tried updating to the latest version 21.0.2 and see if it helps with the performance?
Also, what macOS are you on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm on the last version. Mac os 10.15.2. On the last MacBook Pro 16" 2019. It was running perfectly on my previous macbook. I have a lote  issues on InDesign as well like display issues in preview mode that also disapears when I turn off GPU acceleration...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experience the same problems on my 16" MacBook Pro. Disabling GPU acceleration seems to fix performance, but it's obviously not ideal. i also noticed that while enabled, GPU acceleration targets the Intel 630 graphics instead of the dedicated Radeon 5500m in my case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a terrible time with Photoshop and After Effects on the new MBP 16. After Effects is pretty much unuseable and Photoshop isn't a lot better.

In Photoshop I can't move an element without it snapping back where it was. It's hopeless and I'm afraid is not going to look good to my client as it's slowing me down hugely. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue with my Macbook Pro 16" 2019. It's fully loaded and up to date so it shouldn't have any issues. It's gotten better over the months with the various updates from both Mac and Adobe but it's still wonky. I can use Affinity Photo with no problems at all and all my other software on that computer runs fine. Lightroom is running fine too. It's just Photoshop that's glitchy and stalls out. I have the same delayed issue with the clone stamp tool. When I turn off the graffix accelerator things improve but as you mentioned above, it's certainly not ideal. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that all my problems are with connection, try this:

1. Quit Creative Cloud app (my is allways off i stop sync my files with creative cloud during editing, just turn it on when i finish, to sync them)

2. Preferences>Plugins   Deselect  "Allow Extensions to Connect to the Internet"

3. Remove module Libraries if you don't use, if you use stop sync.

I found in some blogs that exist some conflits if you have your computer language diferent from the photoshop, so if possible change it to be equal.

For me this improve alot.

For now i only have problems when i'm saving files and edit another photo at the same time when the file is save the file i'm editing just shift alone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same Issue, apple repair the computer under warranty by installing a new logic board but still having the same issue I guess I will have to send it back again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines