• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Perpecstive crop tool not working

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using  Photoshop CC Starting yesterday when I use the perpective crop tool and press enter the screen goes black. The regular crop tool works fine This occurs even if I don;t do any cropping

Thanks for the assistance

Roger Lieberman

{Personal information removed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

I think this is the third thread in the last few days regarding perspective crop issues, so I wonder if something is going on? 

The last thread just needed the values cleared from the Options Bar

Distorted result from perspective crop tool

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi fotonut,

Could you please have a look at this article? as it might be helpful for understanding the perspective crop tool. Crop and straighten photos in Photoshop

Also, could you please let us know which exact version of Photoshop you're working on and which operating system are you using?

Could you try deselecting "Use Graphics Processor" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps with the cropping?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your assistance I am using Photoshop cc 2018 release 19.1.5I have reviewed the info you suggested and I seem to be using the perspective crop tool correctly.  Idraw thge outline of the crop move the lines to straighten the image and press enter and the screen turns black This does not occur with the regular crop toolAny assistance would be appreciatedRoger Lieberman

On Monday, July 9, 2018, 12:18:36 PM PDT, Sahil.Chawla <forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:

Perstive crop tool not working

created by Sahil.Chawla in Photoshop - View the full discussion

Hi fotonut,https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/crop-straighten-photos.html#transform_perspective_ while_cropping

Could you please have a look at this article? as it might be helpful for understanding the perspective crop tool. Crop and straighten photos in Photoshop

Also, could you please let us know which exact version of Photoshop you're working on and which operating system are you using?

Could you try deselecting "Use Graphics Processor" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps with the cropping?

Regards,

Sahil

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10491012#10491012 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10491012#10491012

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Photoshop by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is the third thread in the last few days regarding perspective crop issues, so I wonder if something is going on? 

The last thread just needed the values cleared from the Options Bar

Distorted result from perspective crop tool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the screen is going black, that does suggest a Graphics card or driver problem. Can you uncheck Use Graphics Processor and see if you have the same problem?

Screen Shot 2018-07-09 at 4.26.51 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm having the same issue. 

I recently upgraded to Mac OSX 10.15.1.

I'm running the latest version of Photoshop CC.

I had thought that dissabling the graphics processor would work (I noticed that my mac's Nvidia GPU is no longer supported by apple - so I'm stuck with out of date drivers), however dissabling it in preferences did not solve the issue.

Has there been any movement on this issue?

Thanks,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same boat!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah! It was because I had 1 px inputted in the top options bar for the perspective crop tool. Try clicking the clear button to the right.

(I got this from another post in this thread)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2023 Jul 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same problem. The perspective crop took worked fine the last time I used it- two weeks ago- but today, the screen goes black when I press enter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2023 Jul 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed Arenson.Blair's advice and cleared the top options bar, and that worked! Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2023 Oct 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me too--but now my polygonal lasso tool in doing the same thing.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2023 Aug 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mel31877633zuyj_0-1692925818239.png

click the clear button first before cropping

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2024 Apr 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

works like a charm. Thankyou

(This must be marked as best answer)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clear the perspective constraint values from the regular crop tool. For example, if you have 1:1 ratio for a square crop, delete the number 1 from both boxes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines