Highlighted

Perspective Keyboard Shortcuts Completely Changed in Photoshop 20.0

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why in the world would Adobe get rid of certain keyboard shortcuts that I have used for the past 3 years in their new update?

I do a lot of signage mock-ups in Photoshop, so I need to be able to place logos and manipulate perspective on grass, walls, billboards, etc. Using a Mac, I used to be able to hold the command key and manipulate corners of the particular logo while free transforming an object. Now, they have completely done away with the way this keyboard shortcut used work. They even changed up the free transform tool so that you no longer hold down the shift key to ensure sizing stays the same. I talked with an Adobe rep on the phone and it seems nothing can be done.

Does anyone know a way to revert keyboard shortcuts to the old Photoshop settings? This is really messing up my workflow and causing unnecessary headaches! Please fix this Adobe.

cmd-alt and cmd-shift in Transformation seem to work fine here for perspectival transformations.

That pressing shift now allows non-proportional transformations while transformational by default proportional now should be obvious from browsing the »What’s New«-section of the reference.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Perspective Keyboard Shortcuts Completely Changed in Photoshop 20.0

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why in the world would Adobe get rid of certain keyboard shortcuts that I have used for the past 3 years in their new update?

I do a lot of signage mock-ups in Photoshop, so I need to be able to place logos and manipulate perspective on grass, walls, billboards, etc. Using a Mac, I used to be able to hold the command key and manipulate corners of the particular logo while free transforming an object. Now, they have completely done away with the way this keyboard shortcut used work. They even changed up the free transform tool so that you no longer hold down the shift key to ensure sizing stays the same. I talked with an Adobe rep on the phone and it seems nothing can be done.

Does anyone know a way to revert keyboard shortcuts to the old Photoshop settings? This is really messing up my workflow and causing unnecessary headaches! Please fix this Adobe.

cmd-alt and cmd-shift in Transformation seem to work fine here for perspectival transformations.

That pressing shift now allows non-proportional transformations while transformational by default proportional now should be obvious from browsing the »What’s New«-section of the reference.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Advocate ,
Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Check this Video new feature of photoshop. It may help you.

Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can has transform work the way it should  the way it always worked in the past. Edit your Preferences tool section check show reference point transforming and adding a PSUserConfig.txt to your user ID CC 2019 preferences folder.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You so much!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not like that Transforn now works backwards compared to all of Photoshop tools the use shift to constrain.  To drag out a square selection hold the shift key then to transform that selection don't hold the shift to keep it constrain constrained seemed backwards not something I wanted.

If Adobe had changed all tools the change would have been OK with me.  I would get use to the change for things would be consistent.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would be easier if adobe would just added a use legacy transform/keyboard shortcuts etc. This change should have been an option for those users would prefer the new way. I like many others have been using photoshop a very long time, myself since 1.0 and after 20 years these and many other shortcuts are muscle memory/hardwired into my brain so to change them as adobe just did is like if car companies decided to put the break peddle on the right and the gas pedal on the left.

Bad Adobe, bad!

P

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! So now I will have to hold cmd+shift instead of just cmd. That works.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have used Photoshop from it's very first windows version in the early 1990's. To move core keybindings like transform constrain is BAD. Really bad, my wife just left the room as I was screaming at my PC... Come on guys really?

Now I have an issue and this is a real bug. Using the windows command key to transform constrain I get the Windows Start menu popping up all the time... So now I don't just have to use a new "stupid" key binding I get an painful second action from that key push. FFS

Photoshop coders..... Please fix this as it's a total fail. How big a fail.... think of what Microsoft did to Skype.... ok you should get the picture.

Bad Adobe, bad!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how to zoom in and out with hotkeys? It seems to have changed as well, also how to deselect using hotkeys.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry @c.pfaffenbichler but changing "holding Shift to constraint proportion" which has been one of the BASIC default behaviour since Photoshop exist (and that has been/still is the default behaviour with Indesign, Illustrator, Annotate, After Effect, Premiere Pro) WITHOUT making it optional in preferences is not OBVIOUS, it's simply stupid (especially when you add that it ONLY works on pixel and text and NOT with a vector).

But again, this is unfortunatly typical of Adobe (not)user-centered design approach. They often only consider one group of users (or their "young" team of developers, having limited experience themselves, have no clue what that means).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The old transformation default behaviour can be restored (see »How do I turn off the new proportional scaling by default behavior while transforming layers?« in below link), so to me your post seems like venting.

Use the Free Transform command to apply transformations

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"ShOuLd bE oBvIoUs fRoM brOwSiNg thE wHaTsNeW sEcTiOn, yOuR pOsT sEeMs liKe vEnTinG"

Are you listening to yourself?

Hell yeah we're allowed to vent, especially when crucial shortcuts established over years are suddenly overwritten by default, that's obviously annoying! The assumption that every user is required to read up on (possibly tons of mostly irrelevant) changes in some "What's New?" section is insane. If something works just fine, you don't change it. Simple as that. At least we have legacy settings now.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The assumption that every user is required to read up on (possibly tons of mostly irrelevant) changes in some "What's New?" section is insane.

Your assumption that installing a new version of a program should not necessitate some effort in reading up on new and changed functionality (or watching videos on that) seems unreasonable to me.

And you may want to moderate your tone.

Hell yeah we're allowed to vent

Have you read the Forum Guidelines yet?

Guidelines & Tips for the Adobe Forums

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tillh, I understand your frustration, that I shared with those changes. 
It is indeed unfortunate that such a change was made, especially in some cases, and only in Ps, and not suite -wide.

At each new version, I used to search for the what's new text file that was installed in the root of Photoshop's install, IIRC. That really got me up to speed, and that's how I was able to help others from day one of receiving a new version...

Please do understand C. Pfaffenbichler, who continuously helps others for years, and also has to make sure that a nice atmosphere is going on here, do not throw memes at him, he is a user, not the Adobe program manager who had the idea to maje that change... He is far from confrontational, and I'm pretty sure he had to vent the first times he had to transform stuff when they pulled the rug under dozens of years of muscle memory. He provided alternatives (and now, in CC 2020, one simply uses the H&W link in the option bar as a switch for proportional or not), so a thank you pal is good enough 😉 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much dear for providing this solution. i m really very upset for this changing in photoshop by Developers.

Thanks again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines