• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Perspective Warp

Engaged ,
Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using PS 2018 19.1 release and I am unable to use the perspective warp tool. I can create a warp and drag into to an image but then it completely disappears.

Is there a bug in this version of PS? Should I try a different version?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are you using?

Have you used PW without issues before?  Are you happy with your workflow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 05, 2019 Jan 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Windows 10, which is probably why I'm having issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 05, 2019 Jan 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As previous stated, I'm on a Windows 10 system. I haven't used PW before but I followed several tutorials, which were probably done on a Mac system. I'm starting to suspect that many Adobe tools don't work on a Windows system. Is there a published list of tools that only work on Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2019 Jan 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perspective warp works here with Windows 10. Can you describe the exact steps you are taking, with screenshots. We may be able to spot why it is not working for you.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got PW to work on my Mac laptop so I'm good for now. I'm thinking my last Windows update does not yet support the PW feature on my GPU card. I'll try reloading the driver.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indie767  wrote

I got PW to work on my Mac laptop so I'm good for now. I'm thinking my last Windows update does not yet support the PW feature on my GPU card. I'll try reloading the driver.

Thanks

PW does require GPU acceleration to be enabled, but it is greyed out and unavailable without the GPU. Your description made it sound like you were able to start the process, so I'm thinking that put folk off suggesting a GPU issue.

Can you check Preferences and see what your settings are?

At one time, Perspective Work would only work with Drawing Mode set to Advanced, but I think any of the three settings is OK now.  But it does need to be enabled.

If you are not sure, open Photoshop and go Help > System Info > Copy and paste to this thread.  That will give lots of information to work things out from.

Indie767  wrote

I can create a warp and drag into to an image but then it completely disappears.

Thanks

This sentence concerns me.  Are you saying that you can start the PW process?  What specifically causes it to fail?  Does it cause Photoshop to crash, or just PW to close?

If you paste a screen shot of PW at the point before it fails, that might be useful.  Several things there, so just do one at a time to keep it simple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue and I have used PW before. I used it earlier today even. I have a new photoshop file right now, and the only thing in the drawing is a photo I would like to warp. When I use PW, the first step works fine. I place the grid where I would like, but then when I hit enter to move into the warping step, the photo disappears. The warp box still is displayed, but the image I am trying to warp disappears.

morganc85662175_0-1619585713874.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I resolved the issue, but I do not know which part did the trick.

First I restarted PS. Then I saved the photo I was warping. Previously I had pasted it into a blank document. This time I "opened" the photo with photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines