Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo Collage and Mockup Toolkit Image Size Problem

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am using JJMack's  great toolkit to create images from one mockup file. it works great but i have a problem. The toolkit place the PNG's to the smart object but it covers all of the mockup (mug). I need to place the designs to front of the mug. I tried to use smaller PNG's but still it covers all the mug. Could you help me figure out the problem?

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Free coffee Mugs Mockups  are designed to cover the outside of the cups except the top rim and handle. They are working for you as they were designed.   Here I added a background color to their  smart object which have transparent boarders.  Your Replacement do not have transparent boarders or Replace content is stripting them or if you use  my script edit option my script will resize your replacement images canvas so the canvas size will fill the object canvas size. If the aspect ratio is the same as the object the resize will be perfect  otherwise the resize will look like a centered Aspect Ratio crop.  Replacement edited into mockup will be size  like the  object in the mock template. If the aspect Ratio is not the same and  you do not want any cropping you can use the scripts  Edit and Fit options. The replacement will be fitted to the Object Canvas the replacement will not be cropped but there will be transparency in the replacement image. The smart object sizes is 1265px by 1185px at 300ppi

image.png

The smart object layer has been Transformed distorted narrower and warped to the mugs shape.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That free mockup is not a good Mockup.     The layer mask on the smart object layer labeled effects is bogus.  It is link to the smart object layer's content which is not really valid.  If you use Ctrl+T to edit the Smart Object Layer transform Photoshop will tell you the link is not valid.  What is in the layer mask should be is a layer above the smart object layer and blended is as a highlight effect.  The Smart object layer is already masked by being clipped to the mug layer.  However, it needs the be mask even more so it will not be visible  inside the mug, and not overlay the mug handle and lip. It should not be link to the smart object layerr's content its masking areas of the mug that are not masked by the clipping mug mask. 

image.png

A fixed up mockup would look like this

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your png image have transparent boarders.  If you Place them is as smart object in Mockup template. Place will trim Transparent boarders and may also scale the object  so it the wrong size.  If you use Replace Content to replace smart object later content in Mockup templates and use PNG replacemet files. Photoshop Replace Content is most likely trimming the  transparent borders to the image subject and scaling the image on you.   If you want to retain transparent boarders you can somewhat do that by hiding two gray 1%  opacity pixels in the boarders. One in the canvas top left and bottom right corners. Photoshop Place, Rreplace Content and Copy&Paste will trim Boarders that are fully transparent. Photoshop PNG support in newer version of Photoshop also seems toe have a performance issue. If you use the Script Help Button and read the documentation.   You should see information about dealing with Collage and Mockup Templates when it come to dealing with PNG image Replacement Files and using Smart object that are png objects.   My Collage script use Place to place image into collage templates. If you want to retain transparent boarders you need to user the 1%  gray pixels to work around Photoshop trimming behavior.  With Mockup Templates the Edit Option does not use Place, Replace Content or Copy&Pate where the transparency would be trimmed.

image.png

image.png

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for your help JJMack 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines